Anyone from Indonesia? Help with IS shipping...

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Yongkykun, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hi, I'm from Indonesia, and I need help purchasing IS from the IS official website. Problem is, I've had problems purchasing stuff online. I bought a book from amazon.com and for shipping and handling, I chose the cheaper one. I waited for 4 months and it hasn't arrived yet. Amazon said that it should have arrived in just 1 month prior to the purchase date.

Now that I want to buy this IS for my iPod Touch, I'm just overwhelmed with doubts on whether or not it would arrive to my address or not.

In the IS website, they offer these options:
    UPS Shipping Rates Cost
    Worldwide Expedited $73.73

USPS Shipping Rates Cost
    First-Class Mail International $10.60

Free Shipping Cost
    FREE Shipping (Allow 3 weeks for delivery)

Clearly, I'm tempted to choose the second option since the UPS costs $60-something more than the product itself. But will it arrive to my address or not?! God I'm so frustrated.

Kalo ada orang Indo yang baca ni thread dan udah pernah coba beli IS, tolong share yah disini, thanks...
  2. rioting

rioting New Member

It says on the InvisibleShield FAQ:
    Q: Do you ship internationally?
    A: Yes, we do ship internationally. Also, the FREE shipping option is also available for international orders, however, it is not trackable.
    ? Top
    Q: How much will it cost to ship to my address?
    A: When you go through the checkout process, you will be shown a number of shipping options. Our system will give you exact shipping quotes from our mailing address to your shipping address, for multiple shipping options. This is designed to help you choose the most convenient shipping method for you.
    ? Top

It most probably will come to you. My recommendation would be to chose your First Class International version of shippment. If it doesn't come within the shipping date, call/email them immediately. Just on a side note: I'm not responsible if the shippment fails.

As for what you ordered on Amazon. Email/call them up ASAP. They might not be able to do anything since it's been so long, but yell at them if you have to.
  3. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yell, eh? hm... interesting. Alright, I'll wait for some posts that might clear things up some more. Thanks rioting.. wait a minute?! Rioting?! Did you just tell me to yell at them to start a riot? Hehehee.. just kidding..
  4. Hman

Hman New Member

I would recommend any of the options that have a tracking number. This way, if it doesn't arrive to you, you can have the verification &all to yelll at IS. I have never shipped international, but if you don't think that will go through you can always use ebay. I don't know if it is as reliable, but they always ship it in time.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Well the problem is not in the international delivery service provider like UPS or USPS, but it's the local Indonesian Post Office. They are just so lazy and are not proffesional at all. Even if the package manage to arrive to Indonesia, it's gonna take their lazy ass 3-5 months to deliver it. Or worse, they just sell it and mark it as BM (black market).

True story, once my friend bought a book from amazon, she even forgot ever buying the book when it arrived 5 months after. And I've found forums on the net that sells stuff for an outrageously cheap price. For example, a PS3 unit for $180! I found out from my friends that those stuff are actually stuff that people bought over the net that the cronies in the post office sell right back on the net without even trying to deliver them.

Anyway, I've placed my IS order. Did a terrible mistake of not checking the shipment address, but I've contacted them and submitted the correct address. Hopefully it's not too late. Keeping my fingers crossed here. And btw, I used the USPS First-Class Mail service.

And also, sorry for the long post and have a wonderful Easter guys! Happy Easter!!
  6. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Oh yeah, the invisibleShield website says that its operating hours is in Mountain Time.. Can anyone tell me what that is in GMT?