Anyone else not really 'wowed'?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by brat, Oct 15, 2007.

1. brat

brat New Member

Hi--new here

Please Register or Log in to view images

I got my 8GB iPod Touch just 1 week ago. I thought it was very cool at first, but I find myself not totally 'wowed' by it. I find that it's too large to ever use while working out (as opposed to my Nano), and you can never do anything without HAVING to look at the screen at all times (unlike iPods with the handy click wheel).

I'm debating about returning it. I feel for that money, I should be in love with it, and I'm kinda not, although it is a cool concept I guess.

Anyone return their touch for these reasons? Or am I the crazy one?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Mustachio

Mustachio New Member

I still like mine, and yes I feel those things you mentioned are negatives... but... About the size, well if you want a bigger screen...

Yea its annoying to have to look at the screen for the controls, but its just the way it is here.

Other than that, I think the positives far outweigh the negatives. I personally am wowed by it. Im keeping mine.
  3. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

I've had my iPod Touch for 4 days now and am still wowed. I learn something new every day. Easily the best iPod, and certainly the best PMP I've ever owned.
  4. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

I have had my touch for over a weak and I am still wowed, I cant keep my hands off it, I guess thats what happens to someone who has has been lusting over the iphone ever sense the key note at the beginning of the year. When I bought my touch I had never even seen one in real life and I had never actually used an iphone but I already knew everything about it from watching hours of videos about it XD
  5. Hazed

Hazed Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Jailbreak it and you got yourself an awesome iPod come PDA right there!
    And with the huge growing fanbase and developers, give it a year or so and the amount of applications available will be astonishing. (Just look at the PSP)
  6. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes your the crazy one. Jailbreak it and you will be "wowed"
  7. coolkid

coolkid New Member

what i do is make custom playlists that are suited for almost any time i would want to listen to music, then i play it in shuffle. that way i dont need to switch songs. and if i do, i just double click on the home button and then i memorized where the next track button is, really not that hard.
  8. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

welcome to the forums. It totally is a kickin rad device, but not having easy control in the car does suck. after this amount of time, i am now proficient enough to navigate to my music while navigating my Jetta and avoiding incident. tactile feedback would be nice.
  9. Borderdog

Borderdog New Member

Hey Brat,
    You are crazy. Expecting one i pod to suit all your needs in all circumstances is expecting too much. I run and work out with my first generation nano and like its small size. My touch has features, video, wi fi, apps, etc. I would never have on my old nano.
    I don't wear the same shoes every day in all weather and don't use the same i pod for everything everyday.

Enjoy it.
  10. sagsi

sagsi New Member

Yes ... you are crazy! jk

I agree with everyone else. There's not a day that goes by that I don't feel just so good about the fact that I have this piece of equipment ... it's truly a functional piece of art. As many have mentioned, usually pleasantly surprised to discover something new and unique it can do to keep you in a state of WOW!