Anyone else having problem with installer today???

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by zitosf75, Jan 29, 2008.

1. zitosf75

zitosf75 New Member

I jailbroke my touch to 1.1.3 using ipodtouchmaster's automatic method last night. Everything was fine, and I was able to install a couple of applications using the installer. However, I couldn't install any application today wondering if this is only happening to my touch. When I tried to install an application today, it just kicked me out of installer, and it didn't refresh or restart like it used to. Also, the installation process seemed quicker. I have tried restarting my touch and refreshing the source but nothing changed. I was able to uninstall the applications that I installed last night but couldn't install it back. Also, I'm sure that my WiFi connection is good. Any suggestion would help?
  2. cinek

cinek New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    maybe u ran out of space on root

ssh to ur ipod using putty and type df -h

look at the / partition

or install bosstool v35 and move the applications to your media partition
  3. tlknocke

tlknocke New Member

you only have 300mb of APPLICATION space. i suggest deleting files or using BossTool to move your apps into your media space.
  4. rawb

rawb Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My fkn installer just wont refresh

Please Register or Log in to view images

I restarted it, I refreshed a billion times.. Once it hits that half point....... Beat XD
  5. zitosf75

zitosf75 New Member

After doing some research on this problem, it did seem like it's a space issue, but why wouldn't the installer allow me to install the same application that I just uninstall. Uninstalling application from the application folder wouldn't clear some space out of the 300mb limit?

I haven't tried installing the bosstool from installer, but since my installer wouldn't allow me to install anything, it just kicked me out of installer and nothing changes in my home screen.

So I guess my only option is to use putty to move my application folder to the media petition. I did a search in this forum, can someone tell me if I should follow the instruction from this thread: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1924&highlight=ssh putty

One last question, if I'm using this putty program to connect my ipod touch, all I need is to connect my touch thru USB, and the program will locate my device? Or if you have a better instruction, can you send me the link? Thanks in advance!