Anyone else having a YouTube bug?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by JoannaBeyer, Jun 18, 2009.

1. JoannaBeyer

JoannaBeyer New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've been having trouble with the YouTube app for months. Every movie I select won't play, and I got a message saying "movie cannot be played". Now that I have upgraded to 3.0, I get a different error message - "The server is not correctly configured."

The other symptom that has been ongoing, which I tried to fix several times through restoring, to no avail, is that I cannot play the song previews in the iTunes store. I can DL things and they will play just fine, but the previews won't work. (I get a message saying "could not play preview". I had hoped 3.0 would fix that, but no; it continues.

Does anyone have ANY ideas what could be wrong? It's not my wifi connection, as I have seen suggested on similar posts. It used to work just fine, and my setup hasn't changed. I'm not positive, but I think the problem may have started when I updated to 2.2.1. I don't know for sure when it stopped working. I got my iTouch in September 08 and it worked then and for the first couple of months after that.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Joanna
  2. LaughingPineapple

LaughingPineapple Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Me too :-( Any suggestions? I'll try disabling the firewall on my router, see if that would work...
  3. nirvahnah

nirvahnah Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yea check your firewall. try putting your itouch in the DMZ if thats even possible. idk if you can get your itouches IP address cause ive never checked but if you can, and its a static IP, put it in your DMZ slot on your router. that should put your iTouch outside the firewall and might fix your problem.
  4. StaticFX

StaticFX New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    my youtube works fine

did you update 3.0 from a backup? or did you do no back up then new ipod?

it seems picking the no backup has helped a lot of people