Anyone else experience battery drainage problems since 1.1.3??

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by lance713, Jan 30, 2008.

1. lance713

lance713 New Member

before I could go a while without much of my battery depleting. Now I go a few hours and a little less than half/half of my battery is gone... usually that's how much is missing after a whole day if I don't watch any videos.
  2. iatealitlebabie

iatealitlebabie New Member

I always make sure I use Services to shut down SSH. It doesnt need to be on if your not using it, also its a security threat to just leave it on, if you came around my wifi with the password alpine, you would be restoring when you got home

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Im also running an apache webserver that I make sure I shut off when Im not near any wifi. Try turning your brightness down also. But i noticed this too a little bit, but went back to normal after I shut off all things that didnt need to be running.

If your any good with the terminal (term-vt100) you can run the command "top" to view all the processes running, on the left is a number that you can use the kill command as "kill ###" of the process to kill it also.
  3. I_am_Mad_like_This

I_am_Mad_like_This New Member

Make sure you turn Wi-Fi and SSH off If you are not using it.
    Quit applications by pressing and holding the home button for about 5 seconds
    I have heard BSD Subsystem depletes your energy quite alot. But I am not sure if this is true. BTW, You cannot uninstall BSD Subsystem

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. I_am_Mad_like_This

Also, can anyone tell me how to even quit the applications?
  5. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    dude, re-read this thread.....

how do you have almost 300 posts and not know how to quit applications?
  6. darc10222

darc10222 Banned

I too have found that my battery is very quickly depleted. I found a app that can kill processes but I can't remember what it's called.
  7. darc10222

darc10222 Banned

The apps called SysInfo but I don't think I have any processes I am safe to kill.
  8. I_am_Mad_like_This

yes, ironic enough. I hold the button, but I want to assure this works, you know.
  9. synagence

synagence New Member

I have noticed that iSolitare is always in the task list on sysinfo if i have played it .... doesn't seem to close .... might be a slight incompatibility with 1.1.3
  10. Mustachio

Mustachio New Member

I have found this also... I dont know if there is a bug with incompatible programs such as someone had mentioned solitaire might not be closing properly. I have also installed services and turned of SSH and Wifi when I am not using them.

All I know is that it is draining my battery way way too fast, even when in standby.

I like the new update... The wiggling icons are cool, but I have noticed that apps seem to run a little bit faster, audio quality is better, there is less hissing now, and in general the ipod just seems to run a bit faster.

Unfortunately, this battery drainage is a major issue for me, I can barely go a day and a half with my normal usage at work. I used it yesterday throughout the day, and the battery was down to maybe 80% or so... I exited out of my apps (single click, not holding) as I normally do, then put it into standby, I turn it on this morning and the battery meter is showing maybe 30 or 40%... normally after a night or so, it maybe drops like 5%. Then I just get in to work like 30 minutes after first using it, and again the battery is down to maybe 20 or 25 percent.

In short... I am going to have to downgrade unless there is a fix.