Anybody have a computer that can run Crysis?

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Danls92, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Alright, so I downloaded the demo of Crysis today expecting to get at least a playable amount of performance (my computer isn't great, but I can usually get semi-decent FPS out of it). I start it up and get what must have been 4-5 FPS on THE LOWEST SETTINGS

Please Register or Log in to view images

I was just wondering if anybody here has been able to play Crysis on high settings without a multi-thousand dollar gaming computer.

Anybody?
  2. sn1p3r

sn1p3r New Member

I downloaded the demo of crysis expecting it to run just fine on at least medium settings, me thinking i had a pretty good PC (Dual core processor, 3gb of ram, standard graphics card). However, when i ran the game, the game was pretty much unplayable on anything but low settings. I considered upgrading my processor to a faster speed and upgrading my graphics card which all in all will cost me around £300 ($600). Which for a £40? ($80) game is really not worth it..

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Jake2392

Jake2392 New Member

A good gfx card will do the trick
  4. Codizzle69

Codizzle69 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  5. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I beat it a few weeks ago on my Santa Rosa Macbook Pro (with 8600M GT) in Bootcamp. The only part where I had to turn the settings down from medium was towards the end for the snowy level.
  6. chipmunks0

chipmunks0 New Member

i love crysis i got 2 8800 gts 640mbs can run on xp highest high settings 1280*1024 with 16q aa never went below 20 fps i think i plan to test on vista sooner or later but i know im just gunna lag to hell on medium settings

also the demo sucks its a preformance eater the full game is alot better preformance
  7. toomuchcaffeine

toomuchcaffeine New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Interesting. I guess Macbook Pros have pretty nice specs. I read a post on Engadget or something that it's the second fastest computer for Vista.
  8. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'd love to get a Pro, but unfortunately it's out of my price-range. Ever since Bootcamp was released, I've wanted a Mac.
  9. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    it's definitely a nice piece of hardware. i'm a pc person myself, but picked one up in may to replace my dell. i take it to class every day to take notes, and it's holding up well, thanks to the metal casing. the keyboard is great too. i thought i would be booting into XP all the time, but i've ended up using OS X most of the time, because i can do everything that i need from it.
  10. toomuchcaffeine

toomuchcaffeine New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    *wants a macbook now*
    I'm amazed that bootcamp can run Crysis. Do you ever have any noticeable problems with it?