Any webpage in fullscreen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by qbal1, Sep 16, 2010.

1. qbal1

qbal1 New Member

here's a web app I wrote in a couple hours...I'm not sure if it's been done before but I couldn't find it

Please Register or Log in to view images

it's an app that will allow you to add any web page to the home screen but it will open in fullscreen mode. just enter the URL and the icon you want for your home screen and check the "black statusbar" box if you want it to launch with a black statusbar.

lastly, it's running off my webserver and each time you open the app/bookmark it connects to my server before opening your page. I don't have 100% uptime although it's up most of the time. if enough people use it I'll try to rewrite it so that doesn't happen.

feedback is welcome...also, let me know if someone has already done this...I seriously couldn't find one anywhere.

here:
    http://buckley.gotdns.com:8000/mobilesafari_max/
  2. steelersfan32

steelersfan32 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Sounds interesting, is this going to be a cydia or appstore app?
  3. qbal1

qbal1 New Member

nope. its functional as-is right now... hopefully sometime i will be able to update it so it doesnt need to connect to my server for a redirect when you open the bookmarks. that would probably require replacing php code with javascript and i dont feel up to learning javascript at the moment lol. maybe sometime next week