Any way to see Podcast episode descriptions?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gregger, Jan 6, 2008.

1. gregger

gregger New Member

I love the way Podcast descriptions in iTunes have enough detail for you to decide whether to listen to/watch a particular episode.

(For instance, the latest "Fresh Air" episode's description is, "Stories: 1) Dave Grohl's Foo Fighters Rock to the Top 2) Late-Night TV Returns to Action.")

However, in the iPod's episode (track) list, you can't see this description...or at least, if there is a way, I don't know what it is...do you? (No sense missing an episode about the Foo Fighters just because I didn't know it was there!

Please Register or Log in to view images

)

Thanks...

--G.
  2. clemon79

clemon79 New Member

This is my absolute biggest pet peeve with the Touch. It is completely moronic that tapping shows the Lyrics, not the Description, in a podcast. The thing KNOWS that podcasts are different from regular songs, you would think it would be programmed to behave properly.

Does anyone know if Apple is aware that this is stupid and/or has any plans to fix it?
  3. jshames

jshames Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    I'm surprised that I haven't seen more complaints about this on the forums.
    I listen to podcasts alot and this issue is very irritating. You can't even see the whole title of the item on the Ipod, so its sometimes hard to tell which ones I've listened to or which one I want. I'll get a title like "The negative side of ..." . It drives me crazy, I have to go back to itunes and see what it is about. It would be helpful of there were some way to adjust the column headers or some other way to at least see the complete title.
    The funny things is that some podcasts, and I can't predict which ones, WILL pop up some description when I tap and hold on the screen while it is playing.
    Is there some feature or setting that I don't know about? Any suggestions?
  4. clemon79

clemon79 New Member

The only suggestion I have seen is that you can copy the Description into the Lyrics manually in iTunes, and then you can tap and see it after you sync. But that just a colossally stupid hack for a function that really should just work like it has in, oh. I don't know, EVERY OTHER IPOD EVER MADE.

(Sorry. Do you get the idea that this little oversight ROYALLY PISSES ME OFF?)

I suspect the podcasts that "work" for you are ones in which the creators are pasting their summary both into the Lyrics and Description fields. Which helps, but they shouldn't have to do that when the product should work correctly.

Does anyone know if Apple is REMOTELY receptive to requests for bug fixes (and make no mistake, Apple apologists, this is a bug) like this?