Any Way To Replace Apple Logo NOR Only?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Firebird94, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Firebird94

Firebird94 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So like the title says, i figured out what to do t have custom boot logos. now i'm wondeirng if there is a nor only way of getting boot logos, because it took me a while to organize all my apps and get all my cydia apps etc etc.
  2. phil.culler

phil.culler New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    did you jailbreak with redsn0w 0.3? if so just use LogoMe. If you havent Jailbroken with 0.3, rejailbreak with redsn0w 0.3 and then use LogoMe. Redsn0w 0.3 will not cause any of your information to get lost.
  3. Ezekeel

Ezekeel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    If you did not jb with redsnow and re-jb with it, it will re-install cydia and you lose the listing of the installed cydia apps; although the apps will still be working. You would have to re-install all cydia apps if you want to get the listing right, so I would not suggest this. Try redtool instead which can do nor-only.
  4. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    the easiest way is to go to http://www.redsn0w.com and download redsn0w and use it 1st put in dfu mode and open the .exe it gives you i know its a ******* but if you dont use *******s then i could upload a .zip of it then as i said put in dfu mode the n open up the .exe and press enter then let it do its thing and then go to cydia(it intalls a new Cydia so it may have updates) and it wont delete anything and you dont even have to restore now that you rejailbroke with that open Cydia and search "LogoMe" and yes even if you have a 2g this will work as long as you rejailbrake with Redsn0w 0.3 dont just try to use it you will have to fully restore make sure you rejailbrake with redsn0w 0.3 beta

EDIT:darn two diffrnet ppl beat me to it lol
  5. Firebird94

Firebird94 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So if i jailbreak with redsnow i won't lose all my folders and sh*t? Because i'm not doing it if it ruins the organization of my apps (in folders) cause i have like 300
  6. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    hmm it might reorganize them but idk oh if you have 5 icon dock or springboard it might take one of those off but it doesnt delete anything
  7. Ezekeel

Ezekeel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    It did not mess up my folders when I tried it. Still, I would suggest redtool. There is not reason to re-install Cydia like redsnow does if you only want to change your bootlogo. You can talk to James in the redtool channel on irc. He also has a patch for redtool so you can do a nor-only which enables LogoMe support.