Any way to quickly find all songs with modified/moved sources in iTunes?

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by Nintendork, May 9, 2010.

1. Nintendork

Nintendork New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have tons of songs with

Please Register or Log in to view images

s next to them. I know this means I have the songs on my hard drive, but they have been modified or moved since they have been synced to iTunes for the first time, and so iTunes doesn't know where it is and it makes you locate it. I could easily do that to have the

s taken away, but I have way too many songs that have

s, and so I was wondering is there any program or method I could use that locates all my modified/moved songs and add them back to iTunes to eradicate all those annoying

s? Because it would take ten years and a day to manually locate about 200 or so songs that have been moved/modified. Please help.
  2. Nintendork

Nintendork New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, since I got no answer, I just went ahead a few minutes ago and manually went through my music folder to locate all my missing songs for the ones with

s in iTunes (quite a lot). So hopefully now all 391 of my songs in my library are not in hiding anymore from iTunes (sometimes there are hidden

s that only appear if I try to play that song). But as for now, I have no more missing songs. However, I still would like it if someone could help me with this topic.
  3. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Sorry I didn't find this thread earlier but you could just delete all the songs then add the new folder, that all the songs are located in, to your iTunes library.
  4. Nintendork

Nintendork New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I did that but it put all these songs with no information. So it's like making it worse if I were to do that. I mean yeah, I wouldn't have to locate the songs, but I'd have to enter all the information to the songs like Artist, Song, Album, and Genre, which would take 30 times longer than locating them manually like I did.

Anyway, it's all good right now because I manually located all my songs. I'd just like to know a method in case I'm faced with more songs in the future.

Thanks for your suggestion, though.