Any way to install other country apps?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by thegob, May 26, 2009.

1. thegob

thegob New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I wanted to try free apps from other countries on my ipod.

Example: France has a Roland Garros (French Open) app that I want to try.

Any way that I can get this on my ipod? I created French account and download the app but don't want to sync and lose my other US apps. Any way to have the French app install on my US account ipod?

Thanks!
  2. Xtreme Touch

Xtreme Touch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Nothing that i know of.
  3. andybno2

andybno2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    you can create a basic account for foreign countries, I have a UK and a US one.

as long as you use a valid address in that country (use google for this) you can simply skip setting up payment options

http://www.winandmac.com/tips/creat...ter-where-you-live-without-using-redeem-code/

EDIT: I have tried the above and it does work, key thing is to go to the app store then to a free app click on obtenir, choose create account, then continuer where it says the first intial form fields you will get will be (in this order):

email addrees
    password
    verify password

security question
    answer

date of birth
    (couple of newsletter tick boxes at the bottom)

continuer

right the next page is the more important bit, details are as follows:

payment method - choose aucun

gift card code

title
    name surname
    address
    address line 2
    postal code city
    telephone (I just done a load of 0's)

continuer

and I think thats it...... I believe you then have to wait for a validation email then you can login
  4. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    As andybno2 says...

I myself have a Turkish account for my paid apps and a US and UK account for my podcasts and free apps that aren't available in Turkey. You can have a maximum of 5 iTunes accounts registered to a single iTunes installation.
  5. thegob

thegob New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thanks for the input guys. i have created the french account and downloaded the app

studangerous - since you said you have turkish, us, and uk accounts - you can sync apps from different accounts together on your iphone/ipod? I just tried to sync and it failed to sync my french apps due to authorization rights as my ipod is set to my US account. what steps do i need to take?

thanks!
  6. andybno2

andybno2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    on your first sync you may need to login to your french account in iTunes and sync and it will ask to authorise the iPod after that you should be ok to sync with your original account logged in.
  7. thegob

thegob New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    the french account has been authorized but if i sync apps with the new account, it says it will erase all previously installed apps i have with the US account.

I just read up on syncing multiple itunes accounts by matching the XML keys to match. has anyone tried this successfully?
  8. dualBang

dualBang New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I sync US and UK accounts perfectly well together. Maybe french just doesn't work

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. thegob

thegob New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    haha darn french!

so you are able to sync both US/UK app stores items on your ipod? were there any special steps taken?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    odd but i de-authorized and reauthorized the 2nd account and for some reason, was allowed to sync concurrent with my US account with no warning messages.
  10. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I sync US, UK and Turkish accounts w/o a problem. All the apps I have downloaded from each different region's App Store download and sync across fine. I download and sync through iTunes and there is no problem. You must of course register each account and device. A bit or messing about and you should be able to juggle it as I see no reason why the French App Store should be on a different system.

I'll try and set up a French account sometime in the next few days and report back. PM me if you haven't heard from me here, in case I forget.