Any way to get more than 200 items in the Wallpaper folder?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by thespaz, Nov 22, 2007.

1. thespaz

thespaz New Member

I have a jailbroken iPod touch and I used SFTP to connect to it to copy various Wallpapers to the Library/Wallpaper folder.... If you're wondering why I don't just use iPhoto or other syncing methods, I will tell you. The reason why I don't use other methods is because iTunes automatically prepares the images for iPod viewing which makes the images grainy and dithered but, if you noticed, images that are in the Wallpapers section on the iPod look perfect.

All the images I am using are PNG format and the ones I can copy on there work great on the iPod but, there seems to be some sort of limit to how many files I can copy onto it. I have NOT run out of drive space because I made sure I cleared enough space for the 50MB that the photos take up and it doesn't matter how much space I free up, the iPod will not copy more than 200 or so photos into the Wallpaper section.

Has anyone else tried this?

PS: I used Cyber Duck and Transmit and they both do the same thing. They disconnect completely and error at around 200 images.