Any way to back-up your ipod touch content?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by felixen, Mar 24, 2008.

1. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I know a lot of people hate it when they have to restore their ipod touch and then have to install everything again.

I was wondering if it's possible to make a complete back-up of everything on your ipod and save it on your computer?
  2. Delber

Delber New Member

Just copy the applications folder to your computer and replace the folder on your iPod after the restore.
  3. frnkyn

frnkyn Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    u could use winscp to copy all of ur apps to ur computer and then if u screw up ur ipod u could copy the apps back to the ipod, but u wont be able to get any updates to any of ur apps since u didnt install them thru installer
    and if u do copy the apps from the computer to the ipod, u have to set all permissions to 755
  4. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Couldn't I copy the installer plist thingy aswell then? That way I should still be able to get updates or unstall via installer, shouldn't I?
  5. felixen

felixen Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    so if I copy the installer files and the apps as well, wouldn't that work just fine? Then if something happens I just transfer the apps and the installer files to my recovered ipod, and everything should be as it was before, right?