Any way I can read reviews from US app store?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by KalleKanin, Oct 3, 2008.

1. KalleKanin

KalleKanin New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I live in Norway and I can only access the reviews from the Norwegian app store. Well... it's a small country and I find that a great many of the allegedly hot and most popular apps and games do not have a single review. Either that or they will have one review saying something like "It's OK".

So I was wondering if there was any way I could access the reviews from another app store. The US one or maybe the UK one or something that will give me an alternative view.
  2. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Scroll down to the bottom of the main iTunes store page and change to the US store, you will have to change back before you can buy anything though.
  3. KalleKanin

KalleKanin New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Perfect!

Great! That worked perfectly! Thanks a lot!

It went straight from 0 reviews for Pole Position Remix to 34 reviews!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Kind of odd tho that they don't add a few reviews from other stores to the many many apps that have none.

But anyway, thank you!

EDIT: I can actually download the apps through the iPod without changing back. So I have the US app store open on my laptop and then I just grab the apps I want directly through the Norwegian app store on the iPod. Works great!
  4. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well every region of the world prefer different stuff

also international AppStores is not created too use English

5. KalleKanin

KalleKanin New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Caviar

Yes, I understand the reason for there being localized app stores. For instance some apps, like Pandora Radio is not available to non US users. I guess it must be due to music rights. And some apps like Yelp is not available internationally because it only covers the US and makes no sense elsewhere.

However, reviews concerning for instance a game's gameplay and controls would be relevant to anyone. And when there are so many apps and games with no comments at all it becomes difficult to know the turds from the caviar.