any viable substitute for sbsettings?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ssddyakno, Oct 22, 2009.

1. ssddyakno

ssddyakno New Member

I picked up the 32gig 3rd gen last night, immediately jailbroke. Then put sbsettings on. The "auto lock" toggle caused it to stay locked permanently. Ended up having to restore, but couldn't restore to 3.1.1. Apple made me do 3.1.2 and as such blackra1n would not work with it.

So I went and got another one.

I am leery of putting sbsettings on right now. Is there anything I can use in place of it? I love being able to swipe my finger and have access to all those toggles.

Any help is as always greatly appreciated.
  2. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    lol blackra1n does work with 3.1.2

i am using a jailbroken iPod touch 3G 32GB on 3.1.2 and i used blackra1n to jailbreak it and even if you couldnt jailbreak firmware 3.1.2 you could have always downgraded to 3.1.1

there was no need to get another one
  3. ssddyakno

ssddyakno New Member

Anybody care to answer the original question about a viable substitute for sbsettings?

Thanks!
  4. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

I can't think of one. But the autolock toggle hasn't broken for me - I think it's just bad luck. And you can downgrade to 3.1.1 freely if you prefer, ECID checks seem to allow that

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What do you mean you got another one ? Another iPod ? Throwing money left and right... Restore it to 3.1.2 and jailbreak accordingly. blackra1n works with 3.1.2 too. But nevermind that ! You should put your new iPod touch in sleep mode and buy another because now you may think it won't boot anymore. Pff. Might as well go baaaah, you sheep.
  6. ssddyakno

ssddyakno New Member

You guys are fools. Guess nobody assessed the possibility that I returned the first one with zero out of pocket expense and got another one.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    This is what I can't stand about message forums. I can't ask a simple question without getting a bunch of people flaming for no reason.

3.1.2 will not work with blackra1n for me. A lot of people have had the exact same problem. So I downgraded. I downgraded using a slightly unconventional (and quicker) method of returning the first one and getting another one. Total "downgrade" time was about 15 minutes.
  7. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    If you cannot stand message forums then why are you here?

So if your on 3.1.1 then what is wrong with running blackra1n now.
  8. metroplex

metroplex New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Completely understand what you were saying dude, would've done the same thing. And agree with you on this forum, people are so quick to be dicks about simple questions rather than just posting a solution. And to your first post try: Bosspref. I don't know if it's still supported but I like it better than sbsettings, it's alot cleaner but it sucks that you have to open the app from the SpringBoard.

Because people act like dicks rather than just answering the question.
  9. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    I don't think that it is supported. I have read that it merged with SBSettings, but thats just a rumor I guess? Most people use SBSettings because it is faster to get into and doesn't use as much RAM as BossPrefs.
  10. ssddyakno

ssddyakno New Member

OK, thanks everybody for the replies. For now I've got sbsettings running again. It is not causing any problems. I used bossprefs bout 1.5 years ago and didn't mind it, but definitely is not as convenient as sbsettings.