Any use for Installer? Does it still even work?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Noisemaker, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Noisemaker

Noisemaker Banned

I have it installed on my Touch, but I've never really used it. I've always just gone through Cydia.

Is there any reason to use Installer again? I currently have it hidden with Poof.

Is there anything that's Installer-exclusive? Does it install things properly? I've heard of some issues causing crashes and such when trying to install anything.

So...should I give installer another try?
  2. itouchmyitouch37

itouchmyitouch37 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Heck no. I can't even get into it, it just freezes on open, and I have to restart my whole iPod. I got soo annoyed I tried to downgrade but it kept my sources, so I had like Installer 4.0b3 without the search function, so I just completely removed it. Never using it again.
  3. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    It sucks on mine. When I install something it resprings and shuts off then i have to connect it to my PC and send a whole bunch of commands to it.
  4. specialsyco

specialsyco New Member

yea its basically pointless and cydia rules all
  5. applepod0123

applepod0123 Banned

ever since ripdev bought installer it was sh*t
  6. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    so who oringaly bough installer then?
  7. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

NullRiver programmed Installer 3 for 1.1.x... and it worked. Sure, it took a while to refresh sources, but it worked, period.

Rip dev software... doesn't. They also, IMO, overcharge for everything: i2Reader cost $35... and the simple ruBooks application based on Books.app worked better and was free. Caterpillar/Kate added the five icon dock for $35; but others did the same thing for free (FreeBoard), and Firmware 2.0 had the five icon dock as well. Plus Kate is designed to kill itself if it detects WinterBoard installed (which is free) and demands you get rid of it... PLUS it scrambles all the icons on the Springboard. And Installer 4 beta 8 had a tendency to put iPods into the Spinning Wheel of Death when it tried to load Community Sources.

Nice record of accomplishments, huh?
  8. pickles

pickles New Member

Installer sucks.
    Cydia Rules.
  9. awesome761

awesome761 Banned

10. Noisemaker

Noisemaker Banned

Ok. It's pretty clear it's been made completely useless. How can I remove it completely without f***ing anything up? I installed it when I jailbroke 2.1 with QuickPwn.