Any tutorials for Linux?

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by zazcethimn, Nov 1, 2009.

1. zazcethimn

zazcethimn New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I recently installed the 3.0 Toolchain on Ubuntu and tried out some of the Xcode tutorials but they don't work the same for me. I know the coding is a bit different to compile on the toolchain and such so I was wondering if anyone knew any good tutorials and I want to know what tutorials you learned from.

Sorry for the noobiness of this request and sorry if I posted it in the wrong place. I promise it won't happen again.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. hyernado

hyernado New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  3. Freerunnering

Freerunnering Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    please tell me howto install in on linux? (or point me to how you found it?)
  4. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to inform you that trying to build Jay's code will probably be extremely hard for a beginner, not just because of the massive code base that lies within each of his projects, but because of the obscure references to different headers and libraries that he has placed on different parts of his system, as well as his style of code. Unless you understand how to fix the include paths and have the right libraries to link against, as well as what compiler flags to pass, you're probably not very good off trying to do this.

I would suggest looking at some of Apple's sample code, or even some open-source jailbroken applications, and see if you can model a very simple application from that.