Any thoughts?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Orate, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Orate

Orate New Member

Hello guys,

So, the IPT is not going to be available in my country (Czech Republic) for another month and a half

Please Register or Log in to view images

besides, it is going to be more expensive than in the U.S. for around 150 bucks.

I have an american friend here who is going home for Christmas, so I thought I would ask him to buy it there for me. The question is... I´ve been hearing about a lot of people that had to return their touch because of a foulty screen or dead pixels.
    Lets say that my friend brings me the IPT and I am not satisfied with it, could I go to the czech apple store and request an exchange or do I have to exchange it at the store it was bought?

Thanks for the help!
  2. Andy Huang

Andy Huang Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you can't exchange it there; you'd have to exchange it at the store that was bought. However, alternatively, you can wait pass the first 90 days, and then contact Apple directly for them to repair it for you. You will be ding'ed with shipping the unit to Apple, and then you will have to wait until they fix it and then ship back to you...

I'd say, if you can wait, wait to buy it at your local retailer. If you can't wait, then get your buddy to buy it for you instead...
  3. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

Not necessarily.

I bought my iPod Touch online and I got it exchange at the London Regent Street retail store...
  4. Rallos

Rallos New Member

If it doesn't have country-specific stuff attached to it you should be able to return it for warranty service to any apple store or send it in via the website.
  5. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I recommend exchange rather than repair. When you choose to repair, they typically send you a refurbished unit. Why choose to get a refurb when you can exchange for a brand new?
  6. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

absoloutly, insist on on-site replacement whenever able to.
  7. Orate

Orate New Member

Thank you guys for your opinions!

It is a difficult call...... the 150 usd off buying it in the States is tempting but I would not like having problems with it later on.

I still have some time to think it over tho

Please Register or Log in to view images

Cheers