any site for chinese apps?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sexyaznboy, Apr 14, 2010.

1. sexyaznboy

sexyaznboy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I just bought a Ipod touch for my elderly Chinese mom who is totally not a techie thinking MAYBE she will be able to listen to music and play a few games. Anyone aware of any chinese/cantonese app sites I can search, like chinese language games/utilities, etc. I tried searching Google but they mainly come up with how to learn Chinese. Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

App Store. As far as I've seen, there are no repos or a lot of JB software of any type for Chinese speakers. Japanese, yes. Chinese, no.
  3. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Just as an FYI, piracy is not allowed (which is what you're bordering).

Like Jarlath said, the App Store. Jailbreaking doesn't provide many Chinese apps, so I'd stick to the App Store. Yes, they cost money.
  4. sexyaznboy

sexyaznboy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    hey guys I was definitely NOT thinking piracy! I was thinking that it is often hard to search in the app store in Chinese so I thought there might be some websites where a collection of apps would be more easily found. thanks for the advice
  5. Gtamario

Gtamario Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Looks like you're put of luck
  6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

free apps in chinese

there are tons of them
    go to itune
    click on itune store
    on the upper right type in free chinese apps

there are many chinese/japanese mah jong game and yes also those 4 player table game, dictionary, etc.....over 10 pages worth of stuff chinese related.
  7. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

free chinese apps

in addition to above...
    try different sentences.... free games, chinese apps ....

then choose iphone.... and click to see all, from there to go to the next page click the selection on the lower right of the screen.

there are paid ones and free ones.

the free games are just a sample of what is in there so you can try before you buy.

there is pak kow, 4 player mj, mj match the tile, chinese checker, chinese chess etc...

there are many apps like dictionary, chinese radio, etc....

there are over 10 pages worth of search result on chinese stuff.

your other bet is also do the same with hk itune store in addition to searching in the usa itune store.

there are songs of various hk and taiwan artist but they cost $.
    found...george lam, sally, paula tsui, danny chan, alan tam etc.... just search with their english or type in/or copy in their chinese name into the search bar.

there is a free apps that let you get hk songs 1950-2010.

how to write chinese into the internet screen. go to yahoo.com.hk click on the pencil, write in the word and click the selection to get it appear on the box, when finish highlight it and do a copy and paste to the place you want it to appear here the itune search bar. its that easy.

hope this helps

pc tech33