Any reason to go with a 2.0.2 firmware jailbreak over 2.0.0?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Noisemaker, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Noisemaker

Noisemaker Banned

I already have a jailbroken 2.0.0 firmware file that's ready to go. I could have it on my ipod within a short bit.

However, I don't have a jailbroken 2.0.2 firmware to use. Is it worth trying to find the file and rejailbreaking it with the new WinPwn, or should I just use the 2.0.0 firmware that's all set to go? Will I notice any difference?

If I do rejailbreak, should I set the root partition to more than 500MB if I'm planning on having *some* apps and a lot of emulators/roms?
  2. ipodtouchfan101

ipodtouchfan101 Member

well 2.0.2 has bug fixes

Please Register or Log in to view images

is smother and works better than 2.0.... so i would say make a custom 2.0.2 fm and you really don't need to make the root size bigger cydia does most of that for you.
  3. Noisemaker

Noisemaker Banned

Where can I find the 2.0.2 firmware that I downloaded through iTunes? I know it's on my hard drive...but where?
  4. vbman213

vbman213 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I am running 2.0.2 JB and imo, it is the most stable jailbreak I have ever used...
  5. cainy

cainy New Member

2.0.2 seems to be more stable but music still lags while surfing image intensive sites, settings app seems to randomly crash also, on the other hand NO keyboard lag

Not sure how winpwn 2.0.0.5 works but I didn't have to download a 2.0.2 image to jailbreak it
  6. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    im at 2.0.1 and im lookning formward to winpwn 2.5 and im going to jbreak 2.0.2, it is perfect timing...easier sofware for pwning and more stable firmware. Im still a little skepticle about QuickPwn, even though i heard its good
  7. Noisemaker

Noisemaker Banned

Where does iTunes store the firmware you download through it? My internet is crap lately, and it would take me HOURS to re-download 2.0.2....
  8. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Which OS are you running?
  9. Noisemaker

Noisemaker Banned

Vista - but nevermind on it. I found it thanks to a thread here a while back.

Getting WinPwn 2.5 now.