any possible way of making a proxy app using gtunnel or ultrasurf?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Splex, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Splex

Splex Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So i was wondering if its possible to bypass sh*t like surfcontrol- what my school uses to block us going on a lot of sites. I use ultrasurf and gtunnel on my laptop and school computers to get around it. Much better than proxy sites... Ill provide links to the sites, but like wouldnt it be possible to just alter these programs to work for the ipod touch?
    Gtunnel:
    http://www.gardennetworks.org
    Ultrasurf:
    http://www.ultrareach.com

All on my touch at school

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Manatee Man

Manatee Man New Member

I was wondering the same thing! I dont feel comfortable using this software on the computer in fear of getting caught and being in a lot of trouble. I want it for YouTube, so even getting a dreadfully slow proxy site that isn't blocked wouldn't work. Please post back if you find anything of interest!
  3. yankeetomer

yankeetomer New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yea i would also love to use ultrasurf on iphone
  4. FluffyofDoom

FluffyofDoom Member

ive noticed at my school that when im using their internet and i use opera mini i can go onto the blocked sites

try it: open opera mini and go onto a site that is blocked....

if it doesnt load or is still blocked then go to the opera mini settings menu and go to

advanced/protocol and switch it to the other on not being used then retry everything
  5. Meetloaf13

Meetloaf13 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It should work, I think the reason is that OperaMini actually loads the websites on their servers and sends you data to your browser that has been translated for use with OperaMini.
  6. thedj

thedj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yeah opera mini works because on T-mobile it has a content lock when I use edge on safari, social networking sites like twitter are blocked on there, so when I use opera mini they all work.
  7. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    That would be so awesome =] ! its so annoying, they even filter friv and it filters a google search of 'games'

Tho it was funny one day cuz the servers crashed and the filters dies so we all went on 'adult content'

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

Opera Mini goes through a protocol called Socket. (Can also be HTTPS) It also uses their server-side compression to make it faster