Any One Good with Terminal???

Discussion in 'Mac & OS X' started by kmc915, Sep 18, 2009.

1. kmc915

kmc915 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    If any one is a terminal guru I have a question.
    I have a co-worker who has troubles staying off the internet wile working. Is there a way to block him from getting out to the net. The trick is I need him on my network for file transfer and such. ??????? Is there a way to do this with terminal or any other way?
  2. FailSafeIsntSafe

FailSafeIsntSafe New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There are applications that block websites in certain timeframes. You use it to keep off of Facebook and other distractions.
  3. Asuraku

Asuraku Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You don't need a terminal, just setup up the router to block his MAC address, but still allow lan communication. If he needs email and connectivity for work though, I suggest looking into a parental control program. Depending on the program, I bet you could set a time limit on internet usage. Or just give him nothing but dial-up and for file transfers use a ethernet connection.
    Thinking of it though, you could share your internet with via ethernet, and control what he has access too from your computer.
  4. BigBossMan

BigBossMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    go to parental control
  5. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If you want to block all HTTP access, then just block port 80 in his firewall (and 443 if you want to block HTTPS too).