iOS 4.0 Any idea what's causing this ?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Andy ftw, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Andy ftw

Andy ftw Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

Please Register or Log in to view images

Basically yesterday I backed-up my 3.1.2 iPod touch 2g jailbroken, upgraded to 4.0, restored and jailbroke. But everytime I tap on an icon a shadow layer appears as I tap on them, like shown on the Maps icon in the screenshot.

Any ideas what's causing this? I turned off all my themes (except for a wallpaper and icons, to check if it still happened, and it does.) I also tried it in safe mode, but because you can only really see this happen on Icons which aren't the default square size, I couldn't tell if it was happening or not..

I thinking maybe it was related to the back up restore I did, but I don't see why. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Edit:

Back in 3.x I could click on any sized icon and it would have the "pressed shadow" the same size as the icon itself :S Is this happening for anyone else, or is it normal for you like it should be :S
  2. amandureja

amandureja New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    this can happen sometimes. it is just a glitch in the 3.x firmware. this especially happens a lot when you have a theme on. if you tap and hold the icon to make it jiggle and then let go its fine again. try turning off winterboard and see what happens. then try restoring. if you have an ipod/iphone with the old (MB) bootrom, then you can even jailbreak iOS4.
  3. Andy ftw

Andy ftw Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Actually I'm on 4.0 OS jailbroken now

It was fine on 3.1.2 jailbroken. I tried disableing winterboard, and yep it still happens. Not sure whats causing this :S I'll probably just restore again in a few days, unless anyone else has some suggestions.

Thanks anyway!
  4. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Doesn't every icon do that?
  5. Psyko

Psyko Member

Do you mean that all icons go darker when presssed, or do they all get the box?

Because I think they're supposed to become darker when pressed.
  6. Andy ftw

Andy ftw Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, they all should get darker when pressed. But they all get that exact box, no matter the size of the icon, which shouldn't happen

(Sorry I'm not very good at explaining this :s)

Also, I just tried it on safe mode, but it still happens.