Any help would be appreciated!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by SugarCoated, May 7, 2009.

1. SugarCoated

SugarCoated New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm having a really weird problem with my iPod. It's 2nd gen and was jailbroken with QuickFreedom.

It freezes/crashes a lot, Springboard frequently crashes and notifies me that my iPod is being put into safe mode...
    Also, iTunes is telling me my computer isn't authorized to use the apps I bought but when I try to re-authorize in iTunes it says my computer is already authorized but not to use my applications and they're being deleted. Now they don't work, the pixels on my iPod are jumping...I thought jailbreaking was seamless and everything would be okay, but clearly it isn't.

I'm even trying to just factory restore but iTunes is saying all of a sudden that the software for this iPod isn't currently available and I may need the latest version if iTunes (but I already have it obviously). It's pretty disturbing that I can't even factory restore...

Sorry my post is kind of disjointed but I tried to illustrate everything that's going wrong and any help would be appreciated.
  2. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    DFU and Shift-Click Restore to the Stock 2.2.1 firmware, then re-jailbreak
  3. SugarCoated

SugarCoated New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for your reply, I'm gonna do that now.
    Do you know what could've caused this? Has stuff like this happened to many people?
    I'm just hoping once I re-jailbreak everything runs smooth.
    It did initially, I must've done something or installed something shady, or lord knows what.
  4. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    redsn0w is still beta so it could be that but i doubt it. Just make sure you know what you are installing and what it does.
  5. NobleRooster

NobleRooster New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It could just have been a fluke with the jailbreak. Like DRat said, it's technically still in Beta form, so there is always that slight risk. It could have been something as a file was corrupted slightly in the transfer process or something.