Any Great Social-Based Games for PC?

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Sctt, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Sctt

Sctt New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have already been using Second Life for awhile now, but I'm looking for a different game that is based around the social concept. I need a game in which I can meet new people, and have the ability to talk for awhile without someone shooting me in the face or casting a Lvl. 9 Eroticism spell on me.

My specs aren't a problem, so don't worry about limitations. Any good ones out there?
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    World of Warcraft? Team Fortress 2? Left4Dead?
  3. wibble

wibble New Member

Missed the ball on that one Tes. You know perfectly well that the Steam community is unforgiving towards social players

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Sctt

Sctt New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    As wibble said, I'm looking to relieve some stress and meet new people in a quiet, social environment. Second Life offers this, but for new players, it's fairly hard to meet new people because of the overwhelming size of the game. I used to play it a long while ago, but because of my limitations it got unbearable and I quit, and now it just seems like it's impossible to make friends unless you have some serious coding/building skills.

I would try World of Warcraft, but monthly or even annual payments don't tickle my fancy one bit. Also, I'm the kind of guy that likes to express who I am, not hide behind a fabricated personality.

Any suggestions? Like I said, no shooters. They usually tend to grab people that enjoy shooting someone in the face and not socializing one bit.
  5. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    This is going to sound very mean. How about... Real Life?
  6. Sctt

Sctt New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You're right, It did sound mean.

I have a good defense, though. Past holding up a job and squeaking through college, I party with friends more than twice a month. I get enough sunshine each day, and have a good quantity of friends. Even though I'm content with my social life as of now, sometimes things can get a bit overwhelming.

Everyone has a hobby, or at least a way to release some stress from their everyday lives. Some people ride a bike, others raise pets. I just like the idea of going online and being able to socialize and find new people that don't judge you based on a first glance. It's nice to forget about the harsh facts of life for an hour at a time and throw yourself into a community full of diverse people.

Whens the last time you saw a large group of friendly, non-judgmental people all standing in a room, just talking about things that they enjoy? You don't get that nowadays. Sure you have a few friends and a nice family to talk to, but it can't always be an open discussion about ANYTHING.