Any experts that might be able to tell me what's going on with my ipod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Sparty, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Sparty

Sparty New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have/had a 64GB 3rd generation ipod touch, that was dropped in water for a split second, immediately taken out of the water and powered off, very little condensation ever appeared and just on the corners of the screen, it was dried out in rice and desiccant packets, and periodically under a slightly warm light for 5 days and now for the last few days it's been charging, holding the charge, and syncing and it makes noise but the screen is dim, the touch is unresponsive, and it only stays lit up at all for a few seconds and then I guess powers off. I've restored it twice, done hard resets, etc. It doesn't seem to be wet at all anymore (although I guess I wouldn't know), and it's hard to believe that more than a minimal amount of water got it.

I know it's my fault but I'm so bummed because I've read all these stories on the internet about touches and iphones that got waterlogged for a significant period of time and ended up just fine, and my incident just didn't seem that bad.

Anyway, from my description, does anyone know what the problem(s) might be?

I've been told battery, digitizer and LCD.

Also, obviously the warranty isn't going to cover this one, so can anyone personally recommend a repair company that they have had a good experience with? Or would letting Apple or the Geek Squad handle it be a good way to go?

Thanks in advance!