Any expectations for the 2nd, 3rd, maybe even 4th G. iPod Touch?!

Discussion in 'Apple Discussions, Rumours and Speculation' started by fr0z3nic3, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

What do you guys think Apple will do to the later Generations of the iPod Touch? I've heard rumors of the 2nd Generation to have external speakers, also a possible Camera, but that won't be in 2nd G. I don't think.. Tell me what you guys think might happen to the later Generations..

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. jstlookinground

jstlookinground New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    i dont think there will ever be a camera. that would take too much shine off the iphone, which essentially is the product they want you to buy. id love to see speakers, volume rocker thingy. flash of course. and wayy more customization abilities. without jailbreaking that is.
  3. westmob

westmob New Member

I think they will definitely incorporate bluetooth so you can have wireless headphones.
  4. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

Well, they've made Wireless ear-buds so, Bluetooth is kinda unnecessary..

5. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The most important thing they will add to the 2nd G iPod Touch is increased battery life. Despite high numbers, the battery life is still lacking compared to the iPhone and most lacking when Wifi is turned on.
  6. jltdhome

jltdhome Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    My educated guess is that they will have different colors and higher capacities. Thats about it.
  7. diuneilomo

diuneilomo New Member

I do think the 2nd G ipod touch will support flash, theme function (like summerboard)
    and certain functions which needs $$$ if you what to upgrade it with your 1st g ipod touch

8. hotwater10

hotwater10 Banned

INSTUCTIONS HOW TO JAILBREAK!!!!!!!!!lol

theres is a guy on this fourm(forgot is username)but hes making a addapter with speakers camera and other stuff
  9. guitarbball0092

guitarbball0092 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    3G! hahahah jk

but i think apple should make a white iPoT or a silver one... get rid of the home button and stretch the screen out to fit the entire front of the device. Also GPS would be cool. Don't care about the camera though.
  10. Ryurei

Ryurei New Member

Since I own a 2G iPod touch, i can most definitely tell you that it has a speaker (I am using it right now without any headphones attached, actually). What I would like to see in the 3G (and, if necessary, later generations...) are the following:
    a) a camera. I dont honestly care about the iPhone (i have had text messaging service for the past month or so on my cell phone, and I havent even used THAT.). Therefore, putting a camera on the iPod touch would be a good thing.
    b) A longer lasting battery. When I play games on my 2G iTouch (i will be calling the iPod touch an iTouch from now on for sake of easier typing and laziness), it gets to 20% withion an hour or two. And to be honest, games are one of the many things that quickly drain the 2G's battery. (except for music playing, of course, which is one of the few things that doesnt need to use the screen)
    c) File transfer capabilities from a PC (either a Windows or a Linux box). My computer has both Vista and Ubuntu on it, but since Apple formatted the iTouch in a format not capable of being read on either of those kernels (if i remember my homework), file transfer is pretty much impossible on the 2G (it isn't even an option inside of iTunes!). If Apple gave us the choice in the 3G to format it in a compatible format so Windows boxes could write files to it, that'd be sweet.
    d)larger capacities for about the same price. (16gb for $300? yep, that's how much it cost. the classic 120gb sells for $249, a full $50 less!) (those prices are from Apple).
    e)if the 2G has bluetooth (which another post on this site said it does), a firmware update in the future that enabled the use of said bluetooth card would also be sweet.

Sorry about the rambling there, I just thought I would leave my thoughts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.