Any AudioBook Gurus here?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Raycaster, May 9, 2009.

1. Raycaster

Raycaster New Member

Probably a newbie question but Audiobooks with my Touch 2G is driving me crazy.

I have an audiobook that has 203 parts (.mp3s).

I've brought them in via Itunes selected them as audiobooks and Itunes was nice and placed them in the AudioBook category.

Heres the problem:

They play out of sequence no matter what. The book is listed as one audio Title with 203 episodes. They are labelled Part 1 of 203, Part 2 of 203 etc but after the first track is selected it seems to shuffle them? It doesn't seem to go by date stamp etc.

My music albums don't do that...

Do I have some pref set to shuffle? Do I need to enter different info per episode?

Do I have to MP3 join them all to play a audio book on a $250 mp3 device?

Signed... another pc user that absolutely hates itunes...
  2. fille9

fille9 New Member

Me Too

I have the very same problem with my audio books. No one has answered my help question either. If you find a solution pleqase let me know. I will do the same for you.

fille9@optonline.net
  3. fille9

fille9 New Member

Help Is Here

Your audio books are in shuffle mode. To correct. Open audio books.
    Tap on the first book. In the next screen(the one that lists all the sections of the book) look to the right and see a little box with an X in it. If the box is blue your shuffle is on. Tap the X one time and the blue will go away and shuffle is off.
  4. CC38

CC38 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have been having the same problem.

Please Register or Log in to view images

But I just had an idea. Maybe when I am driving I hit a bump and the Shake-To-Shuffle feature is activated!! I don't see the box that you are talking about. What do you mean by an X? Also, if it helps, my iPod is also telling me that I am on track one when I am really on track 7 or 11 or whatever. If I look at the song list for the audiobook that indicator is correct. My iPod is not jailbroken.
  5. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    please don't bump old threads.
  6. SilentWalker

SilentWalker Retired Moderator

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What's the use of 'Search before creating a new thread' for then? He had the same problem, why not post in the same thread, regardless of it's date? Useless bumping is a different issue. This was genuine.
  7. CC38

CC38 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thank you SilentWalker. For anyone who is interested, I figured out how to fix the problem:
    - Enter the music library on your iPod
    - Select Albums
    - Select All Songs
    - Select Shuffle X from the top of the screen
    - Now DESELECT SHUFFLE on the play screen
    Apparently if you have shuffled all of the songs on your iPod at any time it affects self-made audiobooks. This procedure ensures that the iPod is not in shuffle-mode when you play your audiobooks. I don't know why it should work this way. Especially since I applied the "Skip When Shuffling" option to all of the audio tracks in question. :\ Now when someone else Googles this annoying problem they will hopefully find this answer and be saved a lot of grief.