any apps out there for music prod.?(ex. Pro Tools, garage band,etc)

Discussion in 'iPhone Applications on iPod touch' started by Jux1, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Jux1

Jux1 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i got a jailbroken touch with 1.1.2 right now. I basically, for the most part, can use it as a laptop for a few days outta the week.....until the days come that i have to produce the music that im shopping and emailing out, the other days. I use the apples at the studio for protools & garage band, and use adobe audition & sony sound forge for my laptop which is pc/vista. Now my f***in itouch processes faster then my pc, and for the most part, covers my everyday tasks. Only apps i seen were beatbox and piano.....but neither of which can do anything close to what i need. I would be happy with the simplest sh*t as long as i can edit wav/mp3 files even minimally. It would still allow me to not have to bring a computer everywhere i go. Any apps out there like that......bein made...../or even possible?
  2. blksqrl187

blksqrl187 New Member

If it takes Digidesign 6 months to support a new operating system, i'd say it's gonna be a while before we see it on the iPhone/touch.

A lot of people are making strides towards utilizing them as MIDI controllers, which I'm psyched to see. looking forward to somehow integrating this device into my rig (as I've harped about in my other posts.)

Right now it looks like beatphone, that's about it.
  3. blksqrl187

blksqrl187 New Member

or maybe im wrong...

check this

more of a hack at this point, but i like the direction they're going in.
  4. yeah_boi

yeah_boi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  5. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

That shows great potential, but isn't the same as a native production app. Honestly, I don't think the iTouch is a good interface for music production. I doubt that it is powerful enough, and you are pretty limited in connectivity. It would be fun, though, to have a tripped down garage band to make beats with and stuff. Who knows? It might be possible.