Ants freeze at boot

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by Vliger2002, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Vliger2002

Vliger2002 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Okay, I JUST installed a bunch of apps...including ants.

Now, when I load up the ipod, the ants RUSH onto the screen, and then freeze.

The apple logo appears with the loading icon that spins in circles and circles.

Is it possible that I can remove the ants program without booting in?
    It won't let me get to the springboard.

I'm in 1.1.3 Jailbreak on an iPod Touch.
  2. c0mmun1st4lyf3

c0mmun1st4lyf3 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Sounds like your ipod got owned.....

heres what you should do... if it isn't too late already....
    1. when that happens it means there might have been a script conflict.... therefore the ipod freezes and goes back to apple screen... the ipod will try to find a way to resovle this error but will most likely fail... and go to recovery mode (you don't want this!!!!)
    2. to avoid the recovery mode you must manually stop your ipod by pressing the home & sleep button on the ipod at one time... release the buttons when the apple logo shows if you fail to release as soon as it shows your going to set your self into recover mode (which is WRONG!!! and you would have just owned yourself!!!)
    3. afterward you should be able to get to spring board....

BUT!!! IF ITS TOO LATE AND YOU ARE IN RECOVERY :

1. restore ipod through itunes 1.1.4 now since you got no options.....
    2. use the 1.1.3/1.1.4 downgrade to 1.1.1 (1.1.3 & 1.1.4 jailbreaks aren't different don't get confused.)
    3. jailbreak it all over again (hint: you can now jailbreak 1.1.4 when in 1.1.2 if you want to consider that)

on the other hand your ipod might get over the script conflict fine if so FREE BUMP YOU LUCKY KID!
  3. bbl232

bbl232 New Member

Sorry to say so but this will not work, ive seen this problem before, I had to fix my friends ipod touch

heres a link for a program called iPhuc: http://billsbrowser.googlepages.com/1.1.3downgrade.zip

unzip, run, enter the command : enterrecovery

this is exactly as shown it will restart in recovery mode, fire up itunes and do a restore.

the only reason your idea wont work is you cant get the ipod into recovery mode by the HOME&SLEEP/WAKE way. anywayz that should do the trick!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Have a good one.
  4. Unknown-Guy

Unknown-Guy New Member

Download and install IphoneBrowser, run it and delete Ants.app from /Applications.