Ant App........Watch out!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Random Name, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Random Name

Random Name New Member

Just Jailbroke my itouch about a week ago, was messing around with different applications and i stumbled across Ants.

In case anyone dosent know ants is a application where ants run across the screen and you can crush them

Thought that it was a cool idea and started to play around with the settings. I stupidly decided to put the max ants up to 1000. Nothing happened and then all of a sudden they poured in from all sides. I couldnt get rid of them and they covered the whole screen. My touch was very close to crashing (Everything became very slow jumpy and stiff) so i shut it off. Unforuneately as soon as I turned it on they covered the screen again.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I wasnt able to turn Ants off so i had to (as soon as i turned the touch on) go to installer and delete it. This was not a fun process and am just warning anyone who might also get too curious.......
  2. Emanjl

Emanjl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You could've just turned it on, and while you're iPod was on with ants running around, use SFTP and delete the Ants.app?
  3. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

I Did the same thing but I put in a bunch of 9s, it was SUPER slow but i was able to turn it off
  4. djetron

djetron New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)

Attached Files:

5. igottjam

igottjam New Member

I think everyones done that before hahaha.
  6. partyboy911

partyboy911 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Okay.. im sorry but I just laughed at the image of thousands of ants pouring from the sides.

Sure, its easy for me to laugh.. cause its not mine. So err.. let me stop laughing now (You have to admit the image must have been funny).

Yeah, I would log into an SFTP and delete the app. Sorry about your iTouch getting invaded by ants
  7. killaxsoldier

killaxsoldier New Member

lol i dont think max was 1000. i did 9999 and it still worked. just it would make the touch very laggy. extremely. so i had to reboot it
  8. lilskaterpunk

lilskaterpunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)