[Answers] Installer not Installing after upgrading to 1.1.3?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by SkylarEC, Jan 27, 2008.

1. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Did you upgrade to 1.1.3, but now can't get Installer to Install? Did you recently move your Applications to avoid the Space Limitations on the root partition? Is your Installer just not Installing? Besides setting Installer's permissions to 755, type this into you favorte SSH client:
    /bin/chmod +s /private/var/Applications/Installer.app/Installer

Keep on Touching,
    Skylar
  2. CoolMe

CoolMe New Member

Could you also add, how to move applications in 1.1.3 to the media partiton, because people have got 2/3 applications folders floating around
  3. xSNOWCAT

xSNOWCAT New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    what other SSH apps are there? Putty doesnt work for me
  4. tipii

tipii New Member

im confused i put it into cuteFTP and it said file does not exist and i put it in to iphuc and it said no suck command
  5. johnnypuffs

johnnypuffs New Member

Skylar, I posted this in the stickied thread, then saw this. Sorry for double post, but it may be more appropriate here:

OK, I did this before the jailbreak so I had room.

Now after the jailbreak I can't install applications. I "think" it is because I have no room after buying the update pack. Installer quits and doesn't install anything.

I tried to copy my applications folder with the commands above and I get an error. I figured it was because I already did this and created the symbolic link, etc. so I went in and saw there is still an Applications folder in /private/var/ so I renamed it (was going to delete, but thought this was safer at first. I STILL get the error when trying to run the mv /Applications /private/var/Applications command

The error is:

# mv /Applications /private/var/Applications
    mv: /bin/: Permission denied
    mv: /bin/: terminated with 1 (non-zero) status: Cross-device link

Someone PLEASE help.

So problems are:

1. Can't install anything.
    2. Want to delete the old Applications folder (in private/var/ where I moved them to) and replace with the new applications starting from scratch.

Thanks,
    JP
  6. Delber

Delber New Member

Well I'm having the same problem, but for different reasons. The installer on my iPod stopped working, because it was the older version. I have since tried to place the update one on the iPod, but it won't let me copy it over. The error message is too vague to give any real information. I am able to copy over install.app into any other folder except the application folder. Any ideas?
  7. tipii

tipii New Member

i used winscp and typed in the command and it said this.

/Applications/Installer.app$ /bin/chmod +s /private/var/Applications/Installer.app/Installer
    chmod: /private/var/Applications/Installer.app/Installer: No such file or directory