[ANSWER TO]} Best Themes!

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Numb, May 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Numb

Numb Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    The Best Themes (Numb’s Opinion)
    Author: Numb

Alright, here is whats up. After the “okay” success of my “Best APPS w/ Screenshots Thread”, which can be found in my signature, I decided to continue with the “Best THEMES w/ Screenshots”. This is completely based on my opinion. Screenshots were compiled from various websites, and the comments are all me =). Please post your comments, and ideas for what I should do for my next thread. THE ORDER OF THESE THEMES HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RANKS!! I have ratings at the end of each theme. Please enjoy this thread.

I am going to start with the theme I am using right now (gorgeous!)!

Black Neon Agua 3 by toffenut

Please Register or Log in to view images

This theme is just amazing! I just switched to it 4 days ago, and I can’t put my iPhone down (although I couldn’t before either haha). I love all the different colors and the wallpaper makes the icons look so good! I truly applaud Toffeenut for creating this theme! With over 270 icons, this is one of the most perfect themes out there. It includes a status bar. I can not distribute this theme outside MacTheme but I will link you to the topic of it.

My recommendations: Just add the source: iphonefreakz.com/repo.xml and install the Black Interface. It just goes perfect with this theme.

Link: http://macthemes2.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16785726.

Organization: 9/10
    Icon Support: 10/10
    Colors: 9/10
    PSD Included (can either be 0 or 10): 10/10
    TOTAL RANK: 9.5/10

Extreme Contrast by vipfreak

Another fabulous theme. I would definitely be using this if it wasn’t for my 5 pages of apps =/. Vipfreak, a well known theme maker, has outdone himself with this theme. I was using my own theme (different icons from different themes) before I saw this theme. This is what got me started on the hunt for different themes. This theme’s icons look amazing. The only bad thing about this theme is the lack of icons. I feel, no offense to vipfreak, that vipfreak rushed into this project. He should of kept it on the “down low” for a little more while, so he wouldn’t have been stressed by almost every iPTF member (including me some of the time =P) to make more icons. Each page had 3 or 4 lists of icons needed by other users. And to the rescue, as always, was tipii, who helped vipfreak as much as he could. In fact, tipii got so good and used to creating icons for this theme that he has started working on his own theme Extreme Inverse. <-Be on the lookout for that. Anyway, thanks a lot vipfreak for this gorgeous theme that will look good on anything.

Link:http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56605&highlight=extreme contrast

Creator: vipfreak & (help from) tipii

Icon Support: 7/10
    Colors: 5/10 <-black & white but looks great
    TOTAL RANK: 8.5/10
    Needed: More Icons!!!!!

Badge by TheAppleTree

This is by far, the best theme out there. Although it hasn’t been released yet, this theme already has 69 pages full of “WOW”, “THANK YOU”, “GOOD WORK”, blah blah blah. I, myself, am DYING for this theme to come out. TheAppleTree, creator of this phenomenal theme, has outdone every single theme in the book. This is a full and skinned theme which will come in many colors!! Just look at the screenshots below!! When I first saw this theme, my jaw dropped. I doubt anyone will NOT try this theme when it is released. TheAppleTree is trying to get a very good icon support for this theme. Look out for it…

Preview/Updates for Badge in the Future:
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38362&highlight=extreme contrast

Organization: 10/10
    Icon Support: --/10 <-although icon support is said to be very good by creator
    Colors: 10/10 <-COMING OUT IN LOTS OF COLORS!
    PSD Included (can either be 0 or 10): --/10 (unknown)
    TOTAL RANK: 9.7/10

Vista Maximus 4.0 by bob vansteel

This theme is truly amazing. I, myself, have never used it (because I am too lazy to install it), but this really makes your iPhone/iPod Touch look like a computer with Vista in it. My Dad got this (yes, he installs themes at work..its pretty funny) and came home and I just loved the way it looked. If it wasn’t for Black Agua Neon, I would be using this theme right now. This is a big hit with the adults, when we go to family parties. Instead of looking at my awesome pimped out iPhone with a lot of games, they automatically run to my dad’s Vistaed (if that’s a word) iPhone.

Link:http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54943&highlight=vista maximus

Icon Support: 9/10
    PSD Included (can either be 0 or 10): 0/10

Ultimate Leopard 2.0 by Group (below)

Mentioning Vista Maximus and not mentioning Ultimate Leopard, would be like a slap in the face for Leopard. I, myself, have not seen the theme in use in real life. But the screenshots for it look amazing. This, too, is very hard to install. One thing against VM4 though, UL2.0 looks a lot more like leopard than vm4 does =/ sry bob vansteel <3.

Link: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63348&highlight=vista maximus

Creator(s): TheRealDuckie
    Downtrodn
    Super51fan
    Romeboards
    Chucky102
    Toomuchcaffiene

TOTAL RANK: 9.6/10

YourTheme by TheAppleTree

Another TheAppleTree production on our list today. TheAppleTree’s YourTheme is just an all around amazing theme. This was actually the first theme I used on my iPhone. I loved it, till I downloaded one extra app, so my apps wouldn’t be divisible by 4 =/. As TheAppleTree mentioned, your number of apps HAVE to be divisible by 4 so the “bar” can stretch out. Depending on how many wallpapers you have, this theme can be many different themes. I applaud TheAppleTree for his great work on this theme and hope Badge is a even bigger success (looking like it is gonna be =P).

Link: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34158

Colors: 10/10

Moonlight by TheAppleTree

“Another one by TheAppleTree?” you are probably asking yourself this right now. But, there is no doubt about it, when it comes to themes there is no competition against TheAppleTree. Moonlight is such a beautiful theme, I get shivers every time I see it. This theme just adds on to TheAppleTree’s successful themes and just adds on to the pressure of the release of BADGE!

Link:http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32908&highlight=theappletree

Icon Support: 8/10

Reveal by TheAppleTree

Can a mod please change the title of this thread to TheAppleTree’s themes? Haha jk. But, yes, here is another one of TheAppleTree’s themes. I am not going to talk too much about it, because I have been complimenting her so much she might file a restraint form against me =P. Please, please do not go away. I PROMISE THIS IS THE LAST THEAPPLETREE’S THEME IN THIS THREAD! =P.

Link:http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57499&highlight=theappletree

PSP Eclipse Remix by iAsian

iAsian, another amazing theme maker. He made 5 themes in one week, all of them hits. (I will link you to all five in a second.) All of his themes are on my Top Themes, but PSP Eclipse Remix was my personal favorite. I don’t know where iAsian went, but I hope he comes back to challenge TheAppleTree, tipii, and vipfreak with some more of his amazing themes.

Link: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33717&highlight=theappletree

Icon Support: 7/10
    Colors: 8/10
    TOTAL RANK: 8.9/10
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

great list
    thanx man
  3. Numb

Numb Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Glassy Edge by Manic Nimrod

This is one of the most unique themes out there. I really enjoyed looking at the screenshot of this theme. As always though, I never really got around to trying it out. I’ve only tried out about 4 or 5 themes ever. I was looking through his upcoming threads Tab and Rez X and they look promising too. I am really liking this guy =P.

Link: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35973

PSD Included (can either be 0 or 10): --/10

Popup by bob vansteel

This thread surprised me. It is the newest thread, released just a few days ago, and I actually like it a lot. It is so unique that I am going to try it on my iPhone as soon as I finish writing this thread. Bob vansteel (creator of Vista Maximus) really did good this time….again! The wallpaper goes so well with the icons it is amazing!

Link: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67996

TOTAL RANK: 9.7/10

Realize by ??????

I have absolutely no information on this theme what so ever. I searched for it, and only found a few threads saying “BEST THEME EVER = REALIZE???”. I finally found the file to download it manually in a thread called “Realize style icons”, which can be found here: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41868&highlight=realize …the link to download is on the very first page. The only reason I added it to my list, was because of all the speculation about it.

Creator: ?
    Screens: ?
    Someone please link me to this thread so I can add to this post.

Organ – Music Skin, Sliders, Dock, and Background by madsoul

I was not really into Customize 2.0 and changing my slider, but Organ’s Sliders got me off guard. They are just amazing. This isn’t really a theme, but just wanted to post this out there! =).

Themes to Look Forward To:
    Rez X by Manic Nimrod
    Badge by TheAppleTree
    Vista Maximus 5 by bob vansteel

Thank You For Reading My Topic on The BEST THEMES!

If you liked this Topic please...PLEASE consider reading my Best Apps Topic, included in my signature, and please check out my iPhysics pack, also in my signature.

Thank you ifans.com!
  4. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Wow, TheAppleTree just makes a ton of amazing themes, doesn't she?

EDIT: haha I'm the first post now!
  5. Numb

Numb Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    can u please delete your post and do it after my 2nd post? thanks
  6. Numb

Numb Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    oh yea she does...can not wait for badge to come out =)
  7. toomuchcaffeine

toomuchcaffeine New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  8. Numb

Numb Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    no problem..u deserved it =)
  9. Crypt

Crypt Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    wow this'll be a long post, feel free to disregard it entirely, unless you value my opinion for some strange reason

so i'm gonna organize it for once

random notes:
    -i realize it says 'numb's opinion' up at the top
    -what's the 'organization' category mean?
    -you have no category for the overall look of the theme, unless i'm missing something. a theme can be organized and have good colors and lots of icons and a psd but can still look like sh*te

now then

themes
    black neon agua -
    i like it alot, though it has a fancy preview. i'll most likely be switching to it after i finish this post. and your ratings are fine

extreme contrast - again a great theme, yeah there's a lack of icons. however, your ratings make me think you've never used the theme. it's not black and white, the icons are simply white (just the symbols in the middle) it's a transparent theme, just like reveal, which you gave a 9/10 color score. the color depends entirely on your background, so imo reveal and extreme contrast should both get that category taken out since they're both transparent. edit: oh yeah, and one thing that always bothered me about this theme was the reflections, none of them are the same o_o

badge - wonderful, i've been using the beta for the last month or so. though i don't get why it didn't get a 10/10 'cos it got all 10's. and it will have a psd included of course

vista maximus - yeah, i made the vista maximus hate club awhile ago. but the only reason is 'cos i REALLY dislike the people who made the theme. the theme itself looks great (thanks to microsoft), however HOW ON EARTH COULD YOU GIVE IT A 10/10 ON ORGANIZATION? it's common knowledge that the original installation guide was completely horrible and TONS of people had problems installing it and had to restore. i would try installing the themes before you review them :/

ultimate leopard - great, i haven't ever used it 'nor will i ever use an OS theme but there were far less people complaining about the installation. though it did get delayed for quite a darn while, but it made the final product alot better so who's complaining. and, er, of course ultimate leopard looks alot more leopard than vista maximus. o_o

yourtheme - theappletree is a girl. and obviously it's a wonderful theme and imo the best theme out to date, soon to be replaced by badge. i've made 100's of icons for it so it's pretty obvious i like it alot

moonlight - alright, this one most baffles me on how it got on this list (well no maybe glassy edge or that iasian one) i don't get the organization category so i'll skip over that, but colors.. how did this get a 9/10? the background is great but the outer glow on the icons is a very different color than the background, and cyan doesn't look great on blue. you also need to redo your final ranks, 10+8+9 = 27/3 = 9, not 9.5. plus it got a 0 on the psd part

reveal - most likely my 3rd favorite ever (eh?) theme, i use it whenever i use vwallpapers. dunno how this one got a 9/10 on organization when moonlight got a 10 but whatever, explain that category if you please. and if you read this. hey i bet noone's ever gonna read this, hm. I'M SCARED OF KOREANS. but yes, another great theme

PSP ECLIPSE- OKAY, i'll try not to yell on this one. but owell i can't, HE DID NOT MAKE THE ICONS, HE DID NOT MAKE FIVE THEMES IN ONE WEEK, HE DID NOT MAKE ONE THEME IN ONE WEEK. he can certainly challenge all of them by finding other people's icons and slapping them on a wallpaper off of google, yeah. imo this is a complete disgrace to this list, but hey the theme looks good

glassy edge - imo this theme was just an idea, the final product was just a black shape with lowered opacity, which isn't eye-pleasing at all. still a great and innovative idea, glassy edge 2 should cover the aesthetics thing.

popup- allow me to quote myself from the release thread. "it's good and well-made and all, purple's not my thing and neither are text themes but yeah" again i don't get why it got a 9/10 on color because it's only in one color. but v2 should be in lots of them and have skins for everything ever, yey

realize - pass

organ - looks amazing, can't wait to see some actual themes from him.

phew!

themes to look forward to
    -i never understood rez x, i'd have to see a full screenshot of it i s'pose
    -badge = yes please
    -vm5 = no thanks, it's just going to be the same exact vm4 with some extra app skins. i think we're all well shut of vista themes now (and have been for some months)

there i think that's it

if you read this you should win some sort of award or something

edit: k fixed
  10. Numb

Numb Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    aright i read the whole thing...why wouldn't i? this is the reason i make threads =)

your criticism is totally accepted and not hated by me at all..and why u scared of koreans? they cool haha

anyway lets start:

the organization category: This category is pretty much looks. Like...Organization as in how the icons look, uniquness, etc.. "Theme Look" would have been a better title for it. but i didn't do it. BUT this also has to do with the organization...nothing about installation like you were takling about in vista maximus. and i completely disagree with you about vm4...it is a great theme and very very organized. the icons fit perfectly with the theme. if you have a problem with the creators..that is not a problem of mine....back on task:

extreme contrast - i have used this theme...but i feel as the colors of the different wallpapers i tried did not look as good as just a plain black wallpaper...that is why i did not feel it was compatiable with colors...i stand by my ratings for this one

badge - u caught me..i was about to give this a 10/10 when i realized people might complain: "this isnt even out yet and he gives it a 10?"...how can i know that it will not have problems? therefore a 9.7/10...i stand by my ratings for this gorgeous theme too

already covered vm4

UL2.0 - you agreed with me...thank god haha

same with yourtheme ^^

aright now moonlight - how it got on the list u ask? how would it not? this theme is so unique yet so popular...this theme is very perfect...colors u ask? yes u are correct on that..i gave it a 9/10 because i liked the blue color..but my judgement was wrong because i had a completely different judgement than i did for all the other themes

reveal - 9/10 instead of 10/10 u ask? because reveal is a very simple theme...not complaining i like it a lot thats why i put it on the list..but there are loads of other themes out there like this..organization = theme look, uniqueness, etc. as i said above...therefore i stay by my ratings again

popup - im not a purple type of person too...but i love this theme...it makes purple, the COLOR, look good...therefore 9/10 i like the color..i dont think u understand what i meant by Colors...like that neon theme i dont remember what it was named..but it was pretty much one of the worst themes made...that would get a 3/10 because it was rainbow and didnt look good on anything at all..didnt make colors look good either

woops i skipped psp eclipse okay here:
    i did not know he didnt make all the icons...i just post what themes i think look good

organ - i totally agree w/ u...sad part was that he wasnt getting publicity so i added him along on this thread just because so far all his utilities, etc. are amazing

okay...hopefully u read THAT haha....but i am very happy u had this much to say because now i know u read the thread thoroughly not like the person who posted "nice list man" a second after i posted the FIRST post rofl...how could he even read that fast?

haha anyway thanks...not trying to hate on u at all btw =)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.