[Answer] For those who can't get the iRecovery to work!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Cyw00d, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Cyw00d

Cyw00d New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi guys...

First of all, ofcourse make sure the lUSB found in the iRecovery zip file is installed (Can be found in this thread)

Next.. Make sure you have the Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) file installed, which can be found here:
    Microsoft Download Page: Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package
    NOTE Why most people even don't get it to work at this part is that they MAY have installed the 2005 version of this file, this will NOT work! You must have this 2008 version.

Now also I installed XP on my other computer cause I just couldnt get it to work on my vista 64 nor 86 version... so maybe if you have another XP machine, try that one!

Hope this will help

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. coolio1234

coolio1234 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    also, you may want to add that after uploading the first ibss file, and there is an error, e.g "side by side configuration", then you MUST unplug your ipod touch first, then connect it. that will produce that white screen, which was for me, ironically satisfying. XD
  3. ecentric

ecentric Member

Well as an alternative to his C++ link you can just download .NET Framework which i got through windows update and I was able to recognize the commands....

this is on a windows xp version. I believe if your having other problems that are not " the file is unable to execute" then it might be compability issues...
  4. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch