Another way to record sirius for the ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JuniorNA, Oct 24, 2007.

1. JuniorNA

JuniorNA New Member

Hey guys..i'm having a hard time with Orb. It's slow, a pc hog, really bothering me, and I dont like the setup. I like orb 1.0, not 2.0

is there any other way I can stream live music from my pc to my ipod touch?

I have uSirius installed, and the MMS:// file is the actual URL to play , but when i put that in the ipod touch, it says cannot download this file...however when I put it in the computer URL, media player opens and the file starts right away...so i'm trying to think of another way to stream the music, without the use of orb.

is there another stream program? of some sort that will allow me to listen to live streaming and connect to the machine that has uSirius installed?
  2. Blue43Fan

Blue43Fan New Member

I've been wondering about this exact same thing. I really can't stand Orb.

The ideal situation would be to have a program directly on the Springboard that would allow you to log in without connecting to your PC. The only problem left is the fact that Sirius streams in WMA, which as we all know won't play on the Touch. Orb automatically converts the stream to an .mp3 file, so if we can get a native app that will let us log in and convert the stream to .mp3, we're in business!

Please Register or Log in to view images