Another total n00b needs some help

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by link590o, Jan 13, 2010.

1. link590o

link590o New Member

Jan 13, 2010
    I apologize WAY in advance if I'm a total pain in the arsch, but the stuff I need is the utter basics of how to use anything related to a jailbroken iPod. My story is that up until now, the Home button on my iPod Touch 8gig 1G was working fine. Now it has completely worn out. As a solution, I decided to try to jailbreak it so I could use QuickDo, an app that would give me a Virtual home button of sorts. I'm sure by now at least some of you if not all of you have heard of it/use it.

For some reason though, using QuickDo makes Springboard crash and I don't have a clue how to fix it. To top that off, I have NO clue how to use Cydia properly. I have no proper idea of how to navigate to find what I need. I don't even know what I need to make everything work correctly. Googling my issues hasn't helped. Reading the stickies on this forum hasn't helped much either since I lack the basics and therefore everything looks like Greek. And related threads are too old, i.e. from the times when 1G was the only iPod Touch that could be jailbroken and the firmware was much older.

To make this a little easier, what I need is a checklist of everything I should have done after I jailbroke my iPod. I started by using blackra1n to jailbreak it. After that, I installed Cydia, and QuickDo. Now Springboard is crashing. Where to from here? Specifics will probably be necessary. Example: if you tell me that there is some utility or application I need, tell me where to go to download it. Do I go to Manage? Sections? Do I have to go to the Sources to get the things I need? What is the name I would see if I were sifting through all the files and packages and stuff?