Another tethered jailbreak thread - winterboard, cydia apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yiujun, Jan 11, 2010.

1. yiujun

yiujun New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think I have the answer in another thread, but I just want to double check. I just got an iphone 3GS, then I found out about that annoying tethered jb issue. I have an ipod touch and I really think there is no point in having the iphone without a jb. So either I use the tethered or I sell it and get a used one or something.

I want to ask about the tethered jb. Some of the apps like winterboard has to reboot the iphone after you change something. Or poof, sbsettings, dling cydia apps, etc. So if I want to change the theme on my iphone i have to connect my iphone using the computer so that it would reboot?
  2. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    No. Changing themes, hiding icons, etc. all require a respring, not a reboot. You won't have to connect for those kinds of changes.

Some apps (such as WinterBoard) require a reboot after installing via Cydia. That's really all you'll have to worry about.
  3. yiujun

yiujun New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oh that's good to hear.. then I guess tethered jb isn't that bad.. I usually don't ever turn my phone off anyways unless it dies itself due to lack of batteries.. but that's what an external battery pack is for!

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. tag009

tag009 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have a jailbroken iPhone 3gs and haven't had a "tethered" jb problem. I reboot it ALL the time (because it's a p.o.s.) and I've never lost my jailbreak before....