Another Stanza Web Source

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sirjonofun, Jul 20, 2009.

1. sirjonofun

sirjonofun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I am going to make a web source for Stanza mostly for my own personal selection. I was thinking about making it available for request, but wanted to know if anybody would use it. I know that someone1guy already has something like this set up (http://www.drinkmalk.com/stanza), but i figured mine could just supplement his for books that he doesn't have up. If anybody thinks this is a good idea post book suggestions. If not, I'll be doing it for myself anyways.

EDIT: Here is the link for the book source. www.electvanncaldwell.com/stanza The website name is a little weird, my friend was running for city council and got the hosting for a year even though he's not planning to use it for that long so now I am hosting books on it

Please Register or Log in to view images

Just click on the link and it will automatically open stanza with my source added to it. Soon that will also be where I will be taking book requests as well, once I get it set up. Until then I will be checking here regularly.
  2. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yeah man, do it. the more the merrier. something by james patterson, jonathon kellermen etc. mystery type books would be cool
  3. sirjonofun

sirjonofun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks for the reply, I am definitely going to do this, it's just going to take me a couple of days to get the webpage set up. If anybody has any requests post them here and I will go ahead and work on a decent collection. I am usually on this site a couple of hours a day. I am mostly into scifi but am interested in uploading anything anybody wants. Please keep the feedback coming.

Jon
  4. gekko

gekko New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I agree--mystery books and thrillers would be great.
    Ludlum, Clancy, Patterson, Ken Follett.
    I know that someone1guy has many, many sci-fi books on his site since he's a big sci-fi fan, too. He hasn't been updating the site for a few months, since he has been very busy lately, so your site would be a welcome addition!
  5. sirjonofun

sirjonofun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    After a couple of days of dealing with godaddy I have finally gotten .epub files to be downloaded off of my site. It was a lot easier than expected, and once I have a Stanza friendly format i will link you up to the site. Thanks and keep requests coming.

Jon
  6. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    keeping a keen eye on this one. looking forward to another source. thanks for the effort.
  7. carfreak95

carfreak95 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    great idea, I love reading and was looking for other sources other than drinkmalk.
    drinkmalk like gekki said has many sci fi. could you add mystery books such as hardy boys to your source?
    thanks a lot and good luck
  8. sirjonofun

sirjonofun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just to keep you guys updated, everything is going very smoothly. Things I thought were going to be difficult are much easier than I imagined. I already have two books online (I don't know anything about them they were just the first two in my collection I stumbled upon) and am in the process of uploading many more. I will post a link within a day or two after I get many more books uploaded.
  9. sirjonofun

sirjonofun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have found a website that has most if not all Hardy Boys books ever written! I already have two uploaded to the site with many more to come. This is coming along nicely. Be prepared to have a massive amount of books online by the middle of next week.
  10. gekko

gekko New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That's great!
    I'm sure many of us are looking forward to it!

Please Register or Log in to view images