Another sign of the 3G release?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by emery72, Aug 29, 2009.

1. emery72

emery72 New Member

A couple of months ago Costco started offering instant rebates on ipod touches. They were $5 for the 8g and ranged up to $15 for the 32g. I think they started the rebates around the same time Apple started offering the free ipod touch with a imac promotion. I never paid attention if the rebates were only on the touches or if all the ipod models had them. I was in Costco on Tuesday of this week and they had ran out of the 32g touch models. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but today they were out of every ipod model except for the classic and one color of the nano. I immediately got excited thinking that Costco was getting rid of their inventory to get ready for the release of the next generation ipods. I asked the cashier what happened to all the ipods and she told me they got hit really hard by the back to school shoppers, but that didn't make any sense to me. Why would someone need an ipod for a school supply. I asked if they would be getting any more in and she said she didn't know. Do you think Costco knows the next generations will be release soon and is preparing for them?
  2. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    it could be true that they are preparing for the new line, or by back to school, maybe she meant because of the sales on everything (school related or not),the ipods are all out, we wont know for a few more days tho lol
  3. emery72

emery72 New Member

I just found this too: The current line of iPods is on its last legs, lending more evidence that an iPod refresh is just around the corner. Sources from Apple Authorized Resellers have confirmed to Ars that current stock is dwindling (if not completely gone in some cases) and that no more of the current models are coming in. Additionally, all current SKUs are being discontinued, with no word on when new models may arrive.

Source: http://www.macrumors.com/2009/08/28/apple-resellers-report-ipod-stocks-dwindling-all-skus-being-discontinued/
  4. RevengeIsSweet

RevengeIsSweet Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was gonna do a thread on this, but theres already another one before this 1
  5. joshuajag

joshuajag Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Yeah iPods are dissapearing. I was just in the US shopping(I'm from Vancouver, big border line-ups btw) in Belingham and Target in Bellis Fair Mall only had a couple shuffle 2gens and like 7 iPod touches... lol eveyone knows there is going to be a new touch hahaha