another save game thread

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by +3kk!, May 14, 2008.

1. +3kk!

+3kk! New Member

ok i know these has been mushrooming all over but i have a somewhat different question. i can run the roms perfectly and all, just that there is no save game option i go to menu and theres no save game button in sight just an empty saved game folder. i did a search on this save game topic and i find people not being able to save or load the game with this option, mine doesnt have it at all.

to avoid people not getting me, its not that there are no save games in my folders. i dont even have teh option to save my game

what am i missing?
  2. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

ok so did you try opening terminal (i like the one on winscp) and type exactly this

chmod -R 777 /private/var/mobile/Media/ROMs/GBA

this should help you save the games
  3. +3kk!

+3kk! New Member

i didnt, but i read up the post with that solution and all of them have problems getting the roms after saving them. mines that i cant save at all.

but i will try when i go back, afraid that i will screw up my pod playing with the terminals
  4. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

mmm do you mean that when you are actually IN the game when you press save .. it gives you an error message... or simply when u save nothing actually saves.... if that is the problem then in terminal you have to type what i gave u... cause that will fix it
  5. +3kk!

+3kk! New Member

owh no, none of those. i cant save because there is no save button! no save to press, and even with the character creation it doesnt auto save too.
  6. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

ok ok.... when your are playing your game.. if you are on normal mode you will see a Z on the bottom left (if you tap it.. the game will close and that should save your game) if you are in landscape mode then in the top middle you will se a MENU button so if taped then that should save your game.... if once in the gpsphone main menu on the saved games menu there are no actual files there then you NEED to put the command i gave you so gpsphone actally safes games... trust me ... that shhould work....

PS i forgot that once in gpsphone go to settings and turn on the auto-save game option....
  7. +3kk!

+3kk! New Member

owh cool, i didnt know menu auto saves the game. i'll try it. thanks.
  8. +3kk!

+3kk! New Member

ok, i did what you said. it said operation not permitted, cool so i typed su root. but the alpine password is wrong
  9. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

mmmm do you have winscp????? U can just put it on the terminal it has...... And I think u can use iphuck to do this too
  10. +3kk!

+3kk! New Member

nope, im doing term from the pod to do that i have to go home.
    no passes for me to use?