Another one of my problems. :P

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by K9rosie, Feb 1, 2009.

1. K9rosie

K9rosie New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Code:
    rslite - by the iPhone Dev Team, 2009.
    --THIS IS AN UNSUPPORTED TOOL--

Connecting...

=======================================
    ::
    :: iBoot for n72ap, Copyright 2008, Apple Inc.
    ::	BUILD_TAG: iBoot-385.49
    ::	BUILD_STYLE: RELEASE
    ::	USB_SERIAL_NUMBER: CPID:8720 CPRV:10 CPFM:03 SCEP:02 BDID:00 ECID:00000393DC06BD37 SRNM:[9C838Z8J201]
    =======================================

[FTL:MSG] Apple NAND Driver (AND) RO
    [FIL:INF] Found chip id 0x3ed5d72c on CS 0.
    [FIL:INF] Found chip id 0x3ed5d72c on CS 1.
    [FTL:MSG] FIL_Init            [OK]
    [FTL:MSG] BUF_Init           [OK]
    [FTL:MSG] FPart Init          [OK]
    read new style signature 0x43313132 (line:290)
    [FTL:MSG] VSVFL Register  [OK]
    [FTL:MSG] VFL Init            [OK]
    [FTL:MSG] VFL_Open            [OK]
    [FTL:MSG] YAFTL Register  [OK]
    yaFTL::YAFTL_Open(l:2160): CXT is not valid . Performing full NAND restore ...  
    [FTL:MSG] FTL_Open            [OK]
    Boot Failure Count: 0	Panic Fail Count: 1
    Entering recovery mode, starting command prompt
    ] [Recovery] [B]!iBSS211.dfu
    Executing: iBSS211.dfu
    Memory image not valid
    Execution error[/B]
    [Recovery] 

How do I fix that?
  2. volcomstnboi

volcomstnboi New Member

I am having the same issue when I try to (send) iBSS.n72ap.RELEASE.dfu from the official 2.1.1 firmware to my ipod 2g (running 2.2 firmware) it throws this same error.

Something that I is that noticed when I send the iBSS.n72ap.RELEASE.dfu from my official 2.2 firmware package, instead of the one from 2.1.1, it goes fine, and the screen turns white. But the issue with that is the 2.2 firmware removed the arm7_go / arm7_stop commands so that this exploit will no longer work, and that is why the iBSS.n72ap.RELEASE.dfu from 2.1.1 is needed in the first place, or at least that's how I am understanding this.

What it looks like to me is that the ipod 2.2 firmware can tell that the iBSS.n72ap.RELEASE.dfu is not from the 2.2 firmware, and is rejecting it.

Somethings that I have tried:

Originally my ipod was on the 2.2.1 firmware, and I was getting this error. So I restored it to the 2.2 firmware, and again got this same issue. I have tried to restore my ipod 2g back to the 2.1.1 firmware, but itunes will not let me, it gives me the error (20).

I have tried this with the more current itunes 8 and an older itunes 7, with no success.

So now I am stuck. I think we need to restore the ipod 2g back to the 2.1.1 firmware somehow, to get the arm7 commands back. Has anyone had any success with restoring their ipods from 2.2 firmware back to the 2.1.1

Any ideas? Anyone?

I am running OSX 10.5.6
  3. ToasterEater

ToasterEater Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ive read that sit is related to having 10.5.6, theres a patch to fix it, but idk where.
  4. volcomstnboi

volcomstnboi New Member

Yeah, that was my issue, 10.5.6

I had to follow the instructions on the Dev-Team's blog to fix the usb bug.

Also, k9rosie, I got that issue to resolve. This is what I had to do:

I had to follow the patch instructions on the iPhone Dev Teams blog to fix my usb issue on my Mac OS 10.5.6 Operating System.

But I think the issue may have also been that I was putting my ipod touch into Restore Mode, and not DFU mode. These are different.

If the screen shows the USB plug and the iTunes logo, you are in restore mode, and you don't want that, you want to be in DFU mode. It if it is in restore mode, you'll get that Image Error.

Plug in your ipod to your computer and open up iTunes so that you can see when the DFU mode comes up.

Hold the Power and Home buttons together for 10 seconds, you will see the ipod power off and go black, that is okay, keep holding for the whole 10 seconds. Now release the power button but continue to hold the home button for another 7 seconds. The screen will stay black, and appear to be off, but you'll see iTunes pop up and tell you it see's the ipod touch in dfu mode. When that happens, close itunes and then run your rslite application and then send the (official 2.1.1) iBSS211.dfu to the touch, and arm7 exploit should now work and should resolve your memory image error.

That worked for me.