Another one bytes the Dust... the iPod still Rules

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by naf456, Jul 31, 2009.

1. naf456

naf456 Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Another one bites the Dust... the iPod still Rules

there's is lots and lots of Posts Coming in about, the Zii beating the iPod 3gs,
    about the Zune HD beating the iPod touch ect...
    here's my answer to all;

Q. why would anyone just forget about the Apple iPod's , while buying a PMP?

A. They Wouldn't, apple has sold the most Mp3 players, against other Companies like Sony, and has had the Most Envious Phone on the Planet, the iPhone. the iPod touch is essentially an iPhone with out GPS and phone capabilities.

Q. the Zii has a HD camera and a small front facing one. what does the ipod have?

A) can't say

Q. the Zune has HD radio, does the iPod have this Feature?

A. can't say

Q. is the iPod best for the Size for the Buck?

A. IF and thats a big if, the ipod touch releases at 189.99 for a 16GB, yes it would be 10 pound higher If not the Zii would rule.

Q. does the ipod touch have a SD card slot

A. Can't say, but it'll be very low Chance

Q. does the Zii have a great App store were you can buy a millon Great apps
    for at most (on average) £4.99

A. No

Q. can you jailbreak the Zii or Zune to stick 3rd party Apps, like Winterboard and SBsettings.

A. no

Q. does the Zii have longer battery life then the iPod touch 3G

A. can't say, but with the GPS chip and two Camera, the Zii will most probably have less.

iF you want to argue any more question's at me, i can take it.
    but the iPod will always have the Best GUI always have the Best Software, Always Have the Better Made Product, Always have Load of Attachments, Always have Loads of Fans to help you out when thing all go wrong.
  2. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

3. litobro

litobro Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Creative has a good history for support and build quality. Compared to many of the first generation ipods(not the touch) or ipod nanos, that just failed for no apparent reason. Such as the harddisk just "decided" to die.

Just playing Devil's advocate, and my first device was a Zen, and i loved it to hell.
  4. naf456

naf456 Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    creative are a good company, but not apple beatable... not yet anyhow.
    Microsoft and Sony tried to beat it and look where there at. would you rather buy a laptop made by Apple or Creative? and i think we all know the answer to that question.
  5. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    hm.../partially signed
    but looks a bit too apple-advantaging...dunno ipods ight have been the best mp3/media PLAYERS around but I don't think that it is/will be the best mobile/tablet device....
    for sure apple is good at media (itunes is one of the biggest music stores online) but I still have some doubts if you already can say that apple is best at mobile devices =/ (not to forget that macbooks aren't the best laptops too^^)
  6. Germany

Germany Banned

How can anyone take this Q & A seriously when you can't spell, you can't punctuate, and you use bad grammar and capitalizations. Plus, I don't think you've researched the Zii EGG and Zune HD even close to enough to be saying this. I doubt you have watched any video demonstrations or reviews for the Zii EGG, and I'm not sure you have read about the Zune HD. Read the facts, and watch some reviews before jumping to sudden and biased conclusions.

I knew it from the start that this wasn't going to be good. The title has bytes as in computer memory instead of bites. Good effort, but if this persuades anyone, I will laugh.
  7. naf456

naf456 Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    well i've looked at both of the the Zii's vids and head over to the Zune HD website

+plus i was typing this on my ipod before the news came on so i rushed it abit.

i cant believe how many people dislike ipods. i love my ipod touch, i care more about my ipod then my own Dog. (it's sad i know) the ipod is so perfect in every way
  8. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You assume too much and, while I am biased myself, this is a bit much.

Germany said it best - you haven't done enough research.

And how many times have you used it?

Opinions are great, but no facts?

Er, right.

More unsupported corporate bashing.
  9. Germany

Germany Banned

Well the fact that Apple is so secretive and non-caring may be part of the reason why people aren't always loving their iPod's. Unexplained rejections from the App Store, unnecessary nickel and diming, and the lack of 3rd party acceptance are all ridiculous. They should be more open about their "secretive" projects, and maybe try something more open source like Android's marketplace. That would make everyone a lot happier.
  10. PieOPah

PieOPah Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The only reason that iPods have their own category is because there are so damn many of them.

It isn't because they are the best, it is because they have flooded the market! 1 point to the iPod for sheer Mass

And you have seen one in real life to make this statement? For arguments sake, call it a draw!

So a mute point can't be used to argue anything other than Zii definately has camera whereas currently iPod doesn't! -1 for iPod (even if it does get a camera, 3 Megapixel is outdated!)

Thought this was about the Zii but still -1 for iPod

So in your opinion nothing will ever be better? Have you seen the future? The best will always be knocked off it's pedestal at some point! I agree that the iPhone is in my opinion the best phone I have had. I can't say it is the best MP3 player because I have only ever owned 1 other brand and this was about 8 years ago cost me about £200 and had 32mb memory - can't remember what it was Richoh I think!

So, not many points in favour of the iPod based on your arguments!

I'm not saying I have anything against the iPod, I have owned 4 of them. What I am saying, is make your argument a little stronger before you can say another product is 'biting the dust'.

While I like the iPod, I'm not a fan boy so if something better comes along, I'll get it - when I need to (ie my current device stops working!)