Another new project - Moosic

Discussion in 'iPhysics [old jailbreak version]' started by MooTheCow, Jan 17, 2008.

1. MooTheCow

MooTheCow New Member

Another thing I'm working on is a sample playing music maker.

Some very early screenshots:-

Please Register or Log in to view images

You can drum along to your MP3s, and even play a few silly tunes on the keyboard.
    I'm hoping to have a variety of instruments and drum kits.
    I'm also really hoping to make a loop player and even a simple bass-line sequencer. Obviously this is going to be a toy, and not a port of Cubase. I just wanna say that now as I know some people like to moan about things!

Oh, and while I'm at it, I'll help you to uninstall several other iPhone "applications" by including samples of: Farts, Burps, Cows Mooing, and so on.

Watch this space!
  2. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Cool! Multitouch? Could be handy if I'm on the go and come up with a simple idea for a tune and want to hash it out a bit.

You mean Fruity Loops.

Oops -- sorry.

**Wilhelm scream**
  3. alejoar

alejoar Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    cool!! =) =) =)
  4. steeped

steeped New Member

Looking forward for the release.

BUT

I have to ask... why cows? why moo? Are you some farmer?
  5. MooTheCow

MooTheCow New Member

No it's just some ancient, random Internet / FPS thing.
    I guess to keep up with the kids these days I should call myself something like "|\/|4rk".

I probably should rename this. I should probably pick a more professional title than "Moosic" so that the non-iphysics crowd will be tempted.
  6. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Cowbase?....
  7. berky93

berky93 New Member

I like the name moosic. I mean, like you said, it IS a toy, and i think its a perfect name to go along with the rest of your fine level packs. cow is the same theme, but its a stretch off of the word "moo"

anyway, I am really excited about this one. I am a musician myself (guitar, any possibility you can add like 5 frets worth of a guitar neck there?) and this will be great for when Im bored, or need to have some other instruments along with my ipod jammin'

this is kinda like piano.app but more involved. and I love piano.app
  8. steeped

steeped New Member

Why not use an acronym? MTC? MTC is pretty gool. I can just see it.... MTC Games Presents:

You should go for it. I take no credit.
  9. MooTheCow

MooTheCow New Member

I like Cowbase! Perhaps if I can implement a sequencer I'll call it that. I already have a 'Styl-iPhone' and a 'MOOG'. Perhaps also an 'iBenez'?
    I'm planning on a guitar with a section of fretboard so you can hammer-on. Dunno how playable that will be but you can imagine holding the ipod like a guitar neck. Also a silly 'air guitar' that triggers guitar riffs for people who want to air guitar but can't play a real one.
  10. MooTheCow

MooTheCow New Member

Does anyone know where O can get hold of some good quality samples, as this is obviously the most important aspect of the app?

I found some great Stylophone ones, and I can get hold of drums pretty easily. What I need is the multisampled (one sample per key) instruments. These need to be Wavs, but I can convert other formats.

Specifically I need-
    - Piano
    - Hammond organ
    - Guitar accoustic
    - Solo distorted lead guitar
    - Synth bass
    - Synth lead (preferably sampled with multiple levels of cutoff and resonance)
    - Synth pad
    - Any other instruments that make sense to display on an iphone.

Initially all I can do is trigger a sample. Perhaps in the future this can be expanded to include some basic loop sequencer and live recording and playback. Obviously this is totally outside the original iphysics spec so will need a lot of collaboration with r4m0n.