Another new menu interface idea! Would help organizing.

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by Ryuukumori, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Any developers be prepared for something I just thought of 5 second ago.

I was thinking of a way to conserve space on the menu. You would have folders with icons customized to your choice, each labeled things like "Games", "Tools", etc. You get the point. You would still have the music, videos, photos, etc on the dock or on the menu for easy and simplistic access. But what about all those cluttered games and fun apps on the menu that seem to make the menu jumbled up?

So I was thinking of a way to organize them in folders (custom icons if folders look too strange) and when you touch them, they go into a new menu with the apps in there, like it zoom into a new menu with less apps to handle on one screen. You can still do this with multiple app pages, and there could be a little arrow button to touch to go back to the home menu or pressing the home button to return.

Sounds like a good idea, but it sounds complicated... Any comments?
  2. ipodtouchmaster05

ipodtouchmaster05 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    sounds awesome, but not much of a developer myself, so im nto sure how hard it would be.
  3. Darkranth

Darkranth New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    sounds like the old ipod interfaces... Could be great...
  4. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    Maybe...but thats why someone should port the iPod emu on the DS to the touch.
  5. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Those ideas are alright. Does anyone else understand what I am trying to see here?
  6. Nappy1020

Nappy1020 New Member

I think you should work with me! Come visit my thread, its been around for a while. Check out my interface ideas and give me your input. we can work together!

PS: the link is the one on top in my signature

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. jufri

jufri New Member

There is already an app similar to your idea. if they could incorporate customized functions this would easily work. On my springboard ive just got 3 icons, music customize and Launcher.app. Luncher.app is like a sub folder for all the other apps. Makes my springboard look neat.
  8. toomuchcaffeine

toomuchcaffeine New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  9. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

That looks... hard, in my opinion.

Bu I'd be glad to help you. The only problem is I have been on this site for a while, and do not own a Touch.

But yeah, give me some insights when updated, and I can help you with whatever I can offer.
  10. H3X

H3X New Member

That would be pretty easy.

All someone(maybe I) would have to do is duplicate the launcher, and in place of the normal launcher screen, just make a new menu. We could also change the icon for it, and the text for it.