Another iPad clone!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ish1tsn0w, May 5, 2010.

1. ish1tsn0w

ish1tsn0w Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Chinese iPad Clone that Costs $290 Hit's Shelves

Please Register or Log in to view images

apparently a new iPad clone is on the market.
    As you can see it's very fake haha!
    Here is an artical from the website i got this from:

The manufacturer of these counterfeit iPads, Shenzhen Huayi originate from Shenzhen, Guangdong province in China. They have priced their iPad for $290, that’s half the price of the original iPad! The release date of the counterfeit iPad is the same as the original iPad, i.e. 3rd April.

The president of Shenzhen Huayi said that their iPad looks like a giant iPhone and their profit margin is extremely low per product (just 10 yuan, $1.5). Selling these counterfeit products is a life and death situation for Shenzhen Huayi, their bread and butter relies on it.

There are 400 electronics counterfeiting companies in Shenzhen City alone and they believe that their iPad’s OS cannot be compared to the original iPad’s, but since it’s a very geeky and a low priced product, eventually people will opt for it.

sorce:http://www.redmondpie.com/ipad-clone-for-290-dollars-9140573/
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Worst one yet.
  3. ish1tsn0w

ish1tsn0w Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    my thoughts exactly.
    you can tell it's a fake cause the apple,the back looks just like the ipad's,this ipad has a click wheel(it's touch screen what would it need a click wheel for?),
    and that's mac osx it's running.
  4. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Yeah seriously.
  5. ish1tsn0w

ish1tsn0w Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    why is every clone coming from china now?
  6. Gtamario

Gtamario Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well, if Apple made affordable products, they won't have to clone these. Serves them right!
  7. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    This company is taking the name and most importantly, the apple logo. I smell a lawsuit coming

I couldn't agree more when talking about their macbooks, because in my eyes they're priced too high. However, the iPad is pretty affordable.
  8. ish1tsn0w

ish1tsn0w Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hehe maybe they will throw gary powell in their with this company and sew them both 8P
  9. Gtamario

Gtamario Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Do you really think they will be sued? And even if that happens:

A. The copyright laws in the PRC are almost nonexistent
    B. The authorities and courts don't really care
  10. ish1tsn0w

ish1tsn0w Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i might acually like this:

Apple you do seem to inspire other manufacturers to fits of jealous device cloning, don't you? Here's news of two iPad clones, one of which actually pre-dates Apple's gizmo. We're pretty certain which direction the inspiration flowed though.

Over at Shanghaiist they've got the down-low on a tablet/slate PC manufactured by Shenzen Great Long Brother Industrial Co. which actually went on sale back in October 2009--the P88. That's it in the picture up there, and slap me if it doesn't look like the iPad's Irish twin.

The similarities don't stop at looks though: The device has a roughly 10-inch screen, fast processor (a 1.6 GHz Atom versus the iPad's A4 1GHz unit--the A4's actually more powerful), and similar weight (1.03kg compared to Apple's 0.73kg). It's actually cheaper than the iPad, though, at around $440 compared to the iPad's entry level $499. And for that $440 you seem to get more than Apple delivers--it's got a 160GB hard drive, 3 USB ports, VGA and RJ45 sockets, and a card reader.

Impressive. But here's two things you don't get with the P88: Battery life and genuine Apple design and UI. The P88 lasts a mere 1.5 hours unplugged from a wall-wart, compared to the iPad's promised 10 hour power. And since it sports Windows XP, the user experience differences to the iPad's slick interactivity will be obvious to everyone.