iOS 4.0 Another iOS 4 problem?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by tabone35, Jun 24, 2010.

1. tabone35

tabone35 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet, but it seems that after I installed iOS 4 onto my iPod Touch 3G 8G (which i know is technically a 2G...) my iPod's battery gets eaten alive. I can't go a single day without charging it, but i never had this issue with iOS 3. I was thinking that maybe something is running in the background that's just totally killing the battery.

Maybe my iPod's battery juts plain sucks, or maybe its an issue/side effect of iOS 3, either way has anyone else had this issue?
  2. joes

joes New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well, I had this problem until today (when I downgraded both my touch's fw an my itunes version and re-jailbroke with spirit

Please Register or Log in to view images

). Everytime you close an app on iOS4 (don't know if this happens on your touch), it goes to the background and eats up all of one's battey. Just restore and JB man, it's better!
  3. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I have an iPhone 3GS and I've been pretty impressed with the batter life. Obviously i'm not on an iPod touch but the battery life is tons better than iOS 3. Granted, I was jailbroken on iOS 3 but even so...
  4. tabone35

tabone35 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    @joes With the iPod 8GB you dont get the backgrounding feature so idk what else it could be, who knows what apple did with this new OS.

I was also jailbroken on iOS 3 that just killed the battery life on it so i decided to not jailbreak anymore. My battery seemed fine on iOs 3, but now upgraded it seems that my iPod jailbroken on iOS 3, running god knows what in the background, had literally about the same battery life as my iPod iOS4 now. Just bs...
  5. joes

joes New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well, maybe some extra processes? I'm not sure about this, but I think that your wi-fi is always on even if you lock your device. That doesn't consum much battery though.
  6. Ortizman3289

Ortizman3289 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The iPod Touch 1g doesn't have 4.0 at all.
  7. joes

joes New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Correct. Maybe it would have supported 4.0, since we have seen it multi tasking and having backgrounds thanks to jailbreaking

Another excuse for Apple's lazyness

. Just kidding.
  8. Bolt

Bolt New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Its the wifi. It does not turn off when the device is locked.
  9. lilgangsta9305

lilgangsta9305 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes, its definately the wifi.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Btw, the apps in the background shouldn't be the problem because they are not in use. It the new "multi tasking"
  10. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

Try Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Fetch New Data. Turn push off, and reboot. That battery killing bug thingy happened to me on 3.X