Another Error

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by GoldRush!, Feb 16, 2009.

1. GoldRush!

GoldRush! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Okay. I jailbroke my iPod 2G 2.2 today and I installed winterboard then poof. My iPod shuts off and I try to boot it and it is saying my iPod is in recovery mode the sad thing Is I can not put it into DFU since everything I tried is failing. Not even iTunes will recognize the iPod even though it is plugged in perfectly. Any advice on this will be greatly appreaciated.
  2. NumNum

NumNum New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Seriously? There are about 100 other topics with this exact same problem. Look harder, you aren't doing the DFU mode correctly.
  3. GoldRush!

GoldRush! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I tried all the other topics and almost every booter thing is none of the programs are recognizing the iPod so I can't boot in I've even held everything for 3x the length. Just a black screen....
  4. Ruamrudee

Ruamrudee Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Even tho it's black and the computer does not recognizing, you can still go into DFU

10 sec power + home, release power and 10 sec home = DFU

Use one of the Boot helper and you should reboot
  5. GoldRush!

GoldRush! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I've tried it. It's just that it won't go into DFU even though I've held it.
  6. hipy

hipy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    semi - tehter = decovery !!! other booters will boot you in normal mode!

and for winterboard uninstall it downlooad the patch and ssh into your ipod to upload files
    (tut is arround here somewhere )

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Then you're not doing it right. You have to hold the home and power button for exactly 10 seconds, or until you hear the beep, then just keep holding the home button until iTunes recognizes it.
  8. NumNum

NumNum New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Of course it won't, cause you are getting too impatient. Plug in your iPod, now hold both buttons until you hear a beep on your computer, when you hear that, let go of the power button and keep listening. When you hear that second beep, let go of the home button and you'll see that it will be installing DFU device for your iPod, then you can finish the jailbreak.
  9. GoldRush!

GoldRush! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Timing myself it's just that iTunes won't show it in Devices... nor will it beep. Yes, my speakers are on.
  10. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Then just hold home and power for 10 seconds then let go of the power button, and hold onto the home button for a while.