Another Connecting to WiFi through laptop Q

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by GoreMang, Nov 26, 2008.

1. GoreMang

GoreMang New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok, so I have read the stuff about creating an ad hoc network and all that stuff and I try to do it but Im having problems. I create the network and all that and I can see it and connect to it on my iPod but when I go into safari it says the page cannot load because its not connected to the internet. I am connected through a hub or router (i dont know which one) so I don't know if that has anything to do with it and when I do connect to it it show the connection on my laptop but it says its local only, and on the cNet video it says I have to click the Internet connection sharing but I dont see that anywhere, If someone could tell me whats going on and/or how to enable Internet connection sharing it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot guys =)
  2. redlinemkv

redlinemkv New Member

use the program "ccproxy" for windows
    i can't really explain how i got it to work but with a little fiddling around its possible
    you have to click manual under the HTTP Proxy area on the ipod when connecting to wifi and enter the server number (displayed by the ccproxy program) and port number (808)

i know i'm not being too clear in explaining this but like i said i somehow got it to work
  3. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    8080 port