Annoying problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Unknown-Guy, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Unknown-Guy

Unknown-Guy New Member

My ipod touch makes a very annoying sound coming from the back if squeezed slightly.
    like this.
    l
    l
    l
    \/
    l
    l
    It sounds and feels like the metal back touches the internal hardware.
    Anyway to fix it, very annoying and disturbing (makes my iPod seem unperfect)?
  2. mrgono3

mrgono3 New Member

thats funky since the iPod Touch doesn't have any moving parts. I don't think you mean its coming out of the headphones.

Maybe it short circuiting or something in which case you should go to an apple store.
  3. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Mine did this too I think I know what your talking about.

ok face the iPod if you where looking tru apps, now tell me where you squeeze it and it makes the noise, I want to know if this is the same problem I have, but for me it doesn't do it anymore.

What I believe happens, is that when you drop it, the case gets loose, and well I have a clear case which puts constant pressure on the casing, so it gets tighter, each day, I dropped it a couple of times, on carpet, so that probably solved my problem, I'm not telling you to drop it, but maybe at night place it between a couple of books, so they push the case down, put your ipod screen face down, and put some books on top of it, just make sure, you don't crack the screen.

And by the way this is just my theory.

Not fact. unless it works for you then good!
  4. Unknown-Guy

Unknown-Guy New Member

I'm getting the sound in from the back of the ipod right in the middle of the metal. It doesn't fell like the case is loose or anything just the metal bend in the back slightly and catches the internal hardware. Sorry forgot to mention the sound is the sound of to part leaviang each other, nothing to do with electricity.