annoying feature, how to get rid of it or remedy it?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jinjin12, Oct 27, 2010.

1. jinjin12

jinjin12 Active Member

THE MOST ANNOYING THING OF ALL! i take the subway in nyc and i don't like to take my ipod everytime to switch to the next song. on my zune i could leave it in my pocket b/c all i had to do was click the next button and because it was a physical button that i could feel it, it was easy. for ipod touch, since there are no physical buttons, i just set my finger on the next button because i know where it is and i just press that. HOWEVER, it would go into landscape mode alot when i put it in my pocket and it would display the albums instead. in this mode, there is NO NEXT button, and also the songs are no longer the same songs in the playlist but are instead random albums!!. i have to take it out, flip it vertically, wait for it thing to go to portrait mode so that there will be a next button available, and it's pretty slow in doing that b/c the accelerometer isn't that fast.

so is there a way to disable it so that it would not flip to landscape mode and display the albums? or if it does flip to landscape mode, display the next songs in the playlist instead of random albums and also have a next button somewhere?

or if u can, give me any other solutions to play the next song in my playlist without taking my ipod out of my pocket, but please DO NOT RECOMMEND TOUCHPOD, IT SUCKS.

THANKS ALOT! and i just want to say that the ipod is a great device but as a media player it kinda sucks b/c it tries too hard and tries to do too much and be fancy when all of that is not really needed!!!
  2. nitsua93

nitsua93 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    If you jailbreak you could get activator and set any of the physical buttons to skip songs while it's still locked.
  3. micro_hard

micro_hard Active Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Double tap home button, go to left, then tap the orientation lock. bam

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Bl1tzkrieg

Bl1tzkrieg Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Activator can do this. There is also glovepod, externalmusiccontrolls (or something like that xD)
  5. jinjin12

jinjin12 Active Member

problem is i don't have native multasking, i disabled it and i have multiflow instead, so double tapping home button brings up the active windows and i can't scroll left or right for more options. anyway other way to lock orientation? thanks for the reply btw i appreciated it, i didn't know that lock orientation feature was available.

as the using activator, that seems like a smart thing, problem is there are 3 physical buttons and they are are useful already, volume up, down, and sleep button does what it should. i don't want to max the volume up, down, or sleep button the play next song button lol. and i don't want to make it so i have to press two buttons to play the next song...
  6. jinjin12

jinjin12 Active Member

glovepod is on cydia?
  7. jinjin12

jinjin12 Active Member

activator i see that i don't actually have to use physical buttons but can just use taps and stuff. i'll try this.

but still is there a way to orientation lock with the conditions i mentioned 2 post above?
  8. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

How about you just turn on native multitasking, turn on Orientation Lock then disable it again. Or you can just set native multitasking to something other than double-click home. You can set it to hold home or something like that.
  9. jinjin12

jinjin12 Active Member

nevermind i got it, i can activate the native multiasking scroll bar through double click home when i am in cydia hahahah, anywhere else multiflow takes over instead.

thanks for the help guys! problem solveD!!!

EDIT: NEW PROBLEM , side effect, it locks into potrait mode for every app, so when i'm reading pdf, i can't flip to landscape, but the problem is i read pdf while listening to music, so if i turn on orientation i can't flip pdfs in landscape, if i turn it off, then it will go into landscape when i switch to check out my music.

is there a way to lock orientation only for the music screen?
  10. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    get something like Muzik if you are used to zune (its a zune music player duplicate)

or pockettouch which uses swipe gestures to control it meaning you can just leave it in your pocket and swipe

ok i got ninja'd but still take a look at the apps i suggested